Congrats to Seth Littrell on a good win!

Jonnyeagle

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

I’ll upvote that because your assessment is fair. 

I’m still not impressed by the win though. If we had a starting QB as good as their backup QB, then this is easily a 4 TD game even with our injury woes. And I’m not asking for a QB as good as the backup at Bama, Georgia, or even North Carolina. I’m asking for a starting QB as good as the backup at Rice. OMG, I can’t believe I just typed that I want a QB here as good as Rice’s backup. 

Agree. Having your QB go 11/22 is not going to lead to many W's. We caught lightning in a bottle with Mason and to be honest we were lucky. No-one thought he would be as good as he was. Other than him, Seth has not landed a high quality QB in this his 6th year.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Downvoted this and I will tell you why. Our top 4 receivers are out. Multiple DB's are out. Cut out the penalties and this is probably a two TD game. Nice that Aune ran well today but we need a QB who can pass the ball. 11 for 22 against the Rice defense is really bad.

We are short on WR’s but where was Lo Thompson, Detraveon Brown, Christian Lee, and Z McMillan today?  Time for some of these young men to step up and produce. Also noted that Finn Corwin, who looked good during fall practice, is no longer on the roster  

• Lovely Take 2

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

We are short on WR’s but where was Lo Thompson, Detraveon Brown, Christian Lee, and Z McMillan today?  Time for some of these young men to step up and produce. Also noted that Finn Corwin, who looked good during fall practice, is no longer on the roster  

This is one of the problems I have with Aune. He is not able to elevate the players around him. Need a QB who is a leader and a playmaker, not a game manager

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Well I think Thompson was playing backup CB. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Agree. Having your QB go 11/22 is not going to lead to many W's. We caught lightning in a bottle with Mason and to be honest we were lucky. No-one thought he would be as good as he was. Other than him, Seth has not landed a high quality QB in this his 6th year.

UNT caught lightning in a bottled because Mason Fine had receivers.  Jaylen Guyton,  now with the Chargers, Jaylen Darden, now with Tampa Bay, Rico Bussey, now with the Steelers, and a very productive Michael Lawrence who is #9 all time at UNT with 143 receptions.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, casual fan said:

UNT caught lightning in a bottled because Mason Fine had receivers.  Jaylen Guyton,  now with the Chargers, Jaylen Darden, now with Tampa Bay, Rico Bussey, now with the Steelers, and a very productive Michael Lawrence who is #9 all time at UNT with 143 receptions.

Also getting EJ Ejiya (who at least got a shot in the NFL but was simply too slow) LaDarius Hamilton who is with the Packers, Kemon Hall who spent time with Chargers, all within the first two classes. Roderick Brown and Nate Brooks who both got a shot as well were already on the roster. No one looks at those classes as all time greats because of the amount of players who transferred/busted, but there were some huge hits.

Here's a tidbit that I've never mentioned before, Tyreke Davis and https://247sports.com/Player/Delano-Robinson-91802/high-school-176247/ wanted to play together. SMU wouldn't offer Tyreke, UNT wouldn't offer Delano. Huge opportunity missed by us as he is now on the NFL's radar.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, casual fan said:

THANK YOU!  I keep noticing that most  all-star worthy QB's have all-star receiving corps that make them look great. I remember watching a highlight clip of "Johnny Football" in one of his big games and coming away saying "damn! who were those WR's out there making NFL-like catches?"

"The drive" against UTSA a few years ago was as much the Michael Lawrence-Rico Bussy show, as it was the Mason Fine show.

• Upvote 2

Our receivers dropped a lot of passes they could have caught yesterday. If we had connected on a few of those there would not have been an overtime. Our defensive penalties almost cost us the game. Without those penalties our defense played fairly well. 

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, casual fan said:

Think this was a win/win. These guys are all very good, but it helped to have a QB who could get the ball to them in tight spaces and lead them on loner throws. But yes receivers can help elevate the QB and having our top 4 out doesn't help.