North Texas - Rice Official Game Thread

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Worry about this. If we get 4 wins could they keep him one more year?

I was about say I am not worried about them winning.  But I did not have any reason to believe they might win this game against Rice before their QB was just wheeled off the field.  A loss today still shuts the door on the possibility of them wining 4 more games.  But now with their QB and captain going down there is an opening.

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

From the images being shown on the feed you should ZERO problem finding someone in that “crowd”

While there's not as many of as in the past, it's still a pretty good NT turnout.  We pretty much have the east side to ourselves - other than the MOB.

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Man I want to give Aune a benefit of a doubt.  But every 5 passes he throws something almost unbelievably bad.

Absolutely nothing he has shown gives me confidence he can win a game for you. The best you can hope for is he manages it and we have a good running game but again absolutely no confidence in him winning a game for us

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

At least defense is physical, but feel bad for the Rice QB

I think another year under Bennett this defense will only get better. However it still seems a little unclear if he will even be in Denton during the offseason. Not even sure he's in Denton for all the practices currently

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Receiver has his man beat, but don’t worry Rice…Aune will under throw him by 5 yards so the receiver has to stop 

Another one of the red flags when it comes to Seth that worries me is his unwillingness to do anything different at quarterback. Not sure if he thinks his job is on the line he would not be trying something different