Texas Tech reaches out to UTSA HC, former Texas assistant Jeff Traylor about HC job

Tom McKrackin

10 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

It’s not!  Please stop perpetuating this outright bald-faced lie!  Our recruiting has sucked under Seth.

Don't yell at me...yell at the ranking services. I don't know how you get better than a #1 class? Recruiting isn't an exact science but it appears he did what we would want him to do. Get highly rated players with several P5 offers. Doesn't mean he knows what to do with them....but what would you want Littrell to do for this class? Get the super duper #1 rated class? By the metrics available to us now....his class last year was really good. But recruiting hindsight is always 20/20.

"That number 1 ranked class shouldn't have been number 1...they're not winning."

Well no sh*t.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

I read where the 6 CUSA schools joining the AAC were ranked in terms of value to the conference. UTSA was #1, UNT#6. I have to believe if our football results were reversed so would our value, as until this year no one outside of Texas had ever heard of the Roadrunners. 

I'd really like a source on this. One of the biggest schools in the state pouring money into athletics with plenty of room to grow in every facet of athletics is less valuable than a broke school that has only had a couple years of success because of one good coaching hire? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

It’s not!  Please stop perpetuating this outright bald-faced lie!  Our recruiting has sucked under Seth.

It is entirely possible to accept that 1) our on-field performance has been putrid the last 3 years, AND accept 2) our signing classes have been at the top of CUSA for 3 years running.

What do we need to say to help you understand player development?  No one here is praising SL anymore.  EVERYONE is trying to tell you how bad this staff has been at player development.

If you refuse to consider this, when everything (including other FBS coaches), believed in the talent level we signed, maybe you shouldn't be in any discussions about recruiting.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Chill, Tom.  I, as well as many others, have seen CUSA recruiting evaluations showing us to be number one in the conference. People tend to accept their  perspective since the information comes from those who do this sort of thing for a living instead of an out of sorts fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I'd really like a source on this. One of the biggest schools in the state pouring money into athletics with plenty of room to grow in every facet of athletics is less valuable than a broke school that has only had a couple years of success because of one good coaching hire? 

CBA63AE4-3EAE-4DD3-B154-9BA9A8F4C9BA.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

19 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

UTSA twitter is going to be hilarious once Traylor leaves, especially thinking him signing an extension meant he was committed to them lmao. They deserve the fall to earth they are about to experience.

18 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Traylor was an enigma. No way UTSA replicates that kind of success again. Especially on their shoestring budget. I, personally, am looking forward to their fall back to earth. Their fans could use a heavy dose of reality

I'm not one to count my eggs before they hatch, and in the back of my mind wonder if UTSA would snag Art Briles while we refuse him (I don't want him either).  It would be soooo Mean Green if we laughed at them now, and then Briles took them to the next level and they leap frog us during the next conference shuffle.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

I'm not one to count my eggs before they hatch, and in the back of my mind wonder if UTSA would snag Art Briles while we refuse him (I don't want him either).  It would be soooo Mean Green if we laughed at them now, and then Briles took them to the next level and they leap frog us during the next conference shuffle.

Saturdayblitz.com  "AAC Football : Ranking the 6 teams applying for membership by value."

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

15 minutes ago, wardly said:

Saturdayblitz.com  "AAC Football : Ranking the 6 teams applying for membership by value."

Author has us as least desirable new member, and suggests UTEP and/or TxState would be a better option for AAC.

I'm gonna give you one guess as to how highly I think of this piece.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, wardly said:

Saturdayblitz.com [ 10/19/2021] " AAC football : Ranking the 6 teams applying for membership by value."

I'll go with the AD Power Index over an opinion piece from a Razorback writer and a UALR grad.  It is strictly based off of recent football success and is solely focused on football and not the addition of the program as a whole.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Great vision"

wardly was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

Well guys, we never like articles that don't flatter us and love those that do, regardless of their source. Most of the recent expansion was football based. The Big 12 commissioner stated that their decision to add the 4 programs they did were based 75% on football and 25% basketball.( you can look it up.) The AD Power Index should be a more accurate yardstick. Whether it is or not depends upon where you school is ranked. Nearly all articles published about recent conference expansions are opinion based with a low degree of accuracy, similar to our posts. I personally made a boatload of false assumptions about where programs were going based upon what I thought was fact but turned out to be just the authors opinion. The bottom line is that the AAC thinks we look pretty even with the football zit on our nose, and that is a very good thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1