North Texas Football schedules/records during the 1-AA years

El Paso Eagle

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Thank you

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NTSU52 said:

The 1988 team was so frustrating.  Start the year 6-1 beating TX Tech to open the season and only losing to UT by 3 in Austin only to lose to SFA and Northwestern St.  We then beat Southwest TX and Rice to end the season only to lose at Marshall in the 1AA playoffs.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The 1988 team was so frustrating.  Start the year 6-1 beating TX Tech to open the season and only losing to UT by 3 in Austin only to lose to SFA and Northwestern St.  We then beat Southwest TX and Rice to end the season only to lose at Marshall in the 1AA playoffs.

We won that game in Austin. I was there. Worst officiating ever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

There was a class when I was an undergrad, "Coaching Football" a 1-credit hour class and I can't remember the gentleman's name that taught it, short, soft spoken, glasses, was a coach on the staff years prior and that was the game he assigned the class to use for the scouting report assignment.  Years later, play by play leading up to the end (I can't remember if it was a catch in the end zone or a no-call) you could just hear him getting more pissed off with each play.  I mean this man played that one clip over and over and over and over and over again, mumbling and grumbling to himself, 20-something years later, he still couldn't believe it.  We're all sitting there like "this man is having flashbacks" like war-type flashbacks, I'm not one to make light of PTSD but now that there's more education on what a PTSD flashback can look like, I'd say it was pretty damn similar.  In fact, I believe he just turned and said "Class is over" and kept playing that play over and over as we all walked out like WTF.......  That's raw pride and passion!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This was following the (7-5) '87 season in which during a 4week period we lost 19-10 at TCU, lost 27-20 to A-State, and came back at the end of the NLU game to tie it with a couple of minutes to go but the PAT hit the upright, losing 24-23.     Then we had to play them again a couple weeks later in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

This was following the (7-5) '87 season in which during a 4week period we lost 19-10 at TCU, lost 27-20 to A-State, and came back at the end of the NLU game to tie it with a couple of minutes to go but the PAT hit the upright, losing 24-23.     Then we had to play them again a couple weeks later in the playoffs.

The TCU game was so frustrating.  A couple of drop passes cost us the game.

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Small world. I met Keith Chapman [sic?] , our field goal kicker in 1988 today at a Plano wine store. I was wearing UNT gear and he introduced himself. I flew with the team to the Marshall game. A big fight broke out between teams ant the end of the game, and we had a bomb scare on the airplane which was searched by the local police. My take a way was that there in a lot of in breeding in West Virginia.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Our seats were basically on the end zone sideline, and I was closer to being in bounds on their last minute game winning touchdown than was the Texas receiver who caught the pass .

• Upvote 2