We need to cheer for the Astros.

BigWillie

Here's a little tidbit for the Astros fans, there's a new scandal brewing and this time they're cheating their fans. 

This is a short clip from hours of screen video where tickets have been uploaded in-house and added to the system but it appears the ticket ops staff attached the equivalent of a presale password to them, where only specified accounts could access and purchase.  It'll be interesting to find out how much the kickback was for each transaction. (Restricted tickets, password protected pre-sales, direct to account ticket additions for premium subscribers for example, are never made available to the public, this is how it's been whittled down to 'kicks for ticks' - regular season, no one cares, if you're in Chicago, no one cares, it's expected there, World Series though, you're an idiot!)

I know a local area soccer team did something similar when a certain British soccer player joined the league about 14 years ago.  The difference then was they didn't take kickbacks, just alerted friends to when tickets were released back into the system (still a first come first serve deal). 

Technology has also come along way since then and MPV has the MLB contract for ticket sales for a reason: their system doesn't make mistakes.

(*Not my video - I'm part of a group of that that all used to work in some fashion on the business side of pro sports teams and we share information like the reconciliation and release times for different teams.  We don't do it for profit, only personal use.  It works like this: Team A's reconciliation is at 11pm and 11am, let's say Community Relations has 20 tickets to a game and they only gave out 16, those four go back into the system, if that happens at 11:30pm, they will be reconciled with other adds from other people/departments and made available to the general public at 11am, unless the ops manager overrides for a different time.)

You almost wish we had enough people come to our games at North Texas so we could have a scandal like this.  I mean, even the OU/UT game has fans that have found their way into the game for years and years without paying or with a little cash in hand action by some secluded gate at a certain time, and then the UTSA kid who found his way into the Texas A&M Locker room after they beat 'Bama posing as a "recruit."  I don't advocate for this stuff, but after the fact, I gotta give 'em props for a ballsy move that maybe the most victimless crime ever!  Me and a friend got into the Cowboys locker room at training camp at the Alamodome simply by taking the elevator all the way up on the side where fans were allowed, then walking around to the other side and talking that elevator all the way down and walked into the locker room and got our football signed by the whole team when they came off after practice - wayyyyy too easy but we noticed there was absolutely no security on the other side! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Here's a little tidbit for the Astros fans, there's a new scandal brewing and this time they're cheating their fans. 

This is a short clip from hours of screen video where tickets have been uploaded in-house and added to the system but it appears the ticket ops staff attached the equivalent of a presale password to them, where only specified accounts could access and purchase.  It'll be interesting to find out how much the kickback was for each transaction. (Restricted tickets, password protected pre-sales, direct to account ticket additions for premium subscribers for example, are never made available to the public, this is how it's been whittled down to 'kicks for ticks' - regular season, no one cares, if you're in Chicago, no one cares, it's expected there, World Series though, you're an idiot!)

I know a local area soccer team did something similar when a certain British soccer player joined the league about 14 years ago.  The difference then was they didn't take kickbacks, just alerted friends to when tickets were released back into the system (still a first come first serve deal). 

Technology has also come along way since then and MPV has the MLB contract for ticket sales for a reason: their system doesn't make mistakes.

(*Not my video - I'm part of a group of that that all used to work in some fashion on the business side of pro sports teams and we share information like the reconciliation and release times for different teams.  We don't do it for profit, only personal use.  It works like this: Team A's reconciliation is at 11pm and 11am, let's say Community Relations has 20 tickets to a game and they only gave out 16, those four go back into the system, if that happens at 11:30pm, they will be reconciled with other adds from other people/departments and made available to the general public at 11am, unless the ops manager overrides for a different time.)

You almost wish we had enough people come to our games at North Texas so we could have a scandal like this.  I mean, even the OU/UT game has fans that have found their way into the game for years and years without paying or with a little cash in hand action by some secluded gate at a certain time, and then the UTSA kid who found his way into the Texas A&M Locker room after they beat 'Bama posing as a "recruit."  I don't advocate for this stuff, but after the fact, I gotta give 'em props for a ballsy move that maybe the most victimless crime ever!  Me and a friend got into the Cowboys locker room at training camp at the Alamodome simply by taking the elevator all the way up on the side where fans were allowed, then walking around to the other side and talking that elevator all the way down and walked into the locker room and got our football signed by the whole team when they came off after practice - wayyyyy too easy but we noticed there was absolutely no security on the other side! 

1941559215_SSWSTCMPV1_14.mov

Honestly wouldn't shock me. With the non-existent punishment they recieved for the trash can or buzzer scandals, I'm not surprised their sliminess reached into other areas. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

What buzzer scandal?

https://www.nytimes.com/article/astros-cheating.html

They were accused of wearing buzzers under their jerseys to notify them of balls and strikes, or the type of pitch coming, much like the trashcan banging.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2021 at 4:00 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

They were accused of wearing buzzers under their jerseys to notify them of balls and strikes, or the type of pitch coming, much like the trashcan banging.  

The Astros cheated, sure, but they weren’t the only ones. They and the Red Sox just happened to be the ones that won the WS while cheating.

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/red-sox/mlb-keeps-sweeping-yankees-cheating-scandals-under-the-rug

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/28/2021 at 5:50 PM, HoustonEagle said:

Go Stros!!!

As an aside:  I find it a bit strange that the New England Patriots get almost no grief for cheating and unlike the Astros/MLB,  the other teams in the NFL were not doing the same thing.

Go Stros!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-spygate-stench-tainted-victory-new-england-ncna1269020

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

The Astros cheated, sure, but they weren’t the only ones. The and The Red Sox just happened to be the ones that won.

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/red-sox/mlb-keeps-sweeping-yankees-cheating-scandals-under-the-rug

Yes, the other teams cheated but they didn't have an active "woe is me" campaign by trying to flip the script and act like the victims saying that the league had it out for them eventhough they had admitted to cheating and received no punishment for it

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

And I am accusing you of watching Blues Clues every night before bed.  Proof? Nah, who needs it.....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

They never admitted to wearing buzzers. 

From the article: Astros admitted to cheating using various methods including the banging of trash cans. 

Known cheaters deny cheating a specific way so we should believe them. Man, you Astros fans are a different breed

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Cheating Astros didn't get punished, but I'm TOTALLY sure they stopped cheating. I mean, people always stop doing bad things when they're rewarded for it and receive no consequences.

Sorry, but Altuve and all those cheating bitches can burn. MLB lost what little credibility they still had when they didn't ban the players and expunge their records.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

And I am accusing you of watching Blues Clues every night before bed.  Proof? Nah, who needs it.....

Its so weird how many people here know of my...kids.... Bedtime routines.

But seriously, top that night off with some blaze and the monster machines for some really sweet dreams. Im told. By my kids...

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

Cheating Astros didn't get punished, but I'm TOTALLY sure they stopped cheating. I mean, people always stop doing bad things when they're rewarded for it and receive no consequences.

Sorry, but Altuve and all those cheating bitches can burn. MLB lost what little credibility they still had when they didn't ban the players and expunge their records.

Hmmmmmmm I wonder why their punishment was not harsher?  If only there was a reason, a justification that would help explain this lack of justice.  

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

On 11/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

From the article: Astros admitted to cheating using various methods including the banging of trash cans. 

Known cheaters deny cheating a specific way so we should believe them. Man, you Astros fans are a different breed

You should read the book "Cheated" by Andy Martino, it really does a good job of breaking down what they did. Buzzers, bandaids, or other electronic wearables have never been proven or admitted to. 

Quick recap of why the buzzer story got so much buzz (lot of fluff). 

https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/astros-cheating-rumor-carlos-beltrans-niece-phony-twitter-account/533553

• Upvote 1

Tough loss last night, but the Braves were just better. Astros just did not have the arms to compete. It's tough to consider that with the guys under contract (Verlander, Greinke, Mccullers) we were only able to get 4 innings out of Greinke for a start. Framber and Garcia are just too young for the stage. 

Hopefully we can get some arms for next year, it'll be a new era without Correa.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Tough loss last night, but the Braves were just better. Astros just did not have the arms to compete. It's tough to consider that with the guys under contract (Verlander, Greinke, Mccullers) we were only able to get 4 innings out of Greinke for a start. Framber and Garcia are just too young for the stage. 

Hopefully we can get some arms for next year, it'll be a new era without Correa.

Yep, I thought they wasted Greinke’s start and should’ve gotten another inning out of him with the lead.

I will miss seeing Correa and Altuve’s contrasting heights at the middle infield.