UTSA vs UTEP National TV exposure

Big Z

Undefeated team vs 1 loss team late in the year.

If you're not a blue blood....the next best thing is to be good into November and ESPN will pay attention.

And by the way....how about the job Dana Dimel is doing at UTEP this year. Before Covid last season, he had back to back 1-11 seasons.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

And by the way....how about the job Dana Dimel is doing at UTEP this year. Before Covid last season, he had back to back 1-11 seasons.

I'm going to be very interested in how Dimel does in the future.  UTEP has had success before Dimel, but every single time it has failed to sustain itself even with the same coach.

Here's something I never thought I'd see. UTSA vs UTEP on a nationally televised game. What a time to be alive lmao. 

22 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Undefeated team vs 1 loss team late in the year.

If you're not a blue blood....the next best thing is to be good into November and ESPN will pay attention.

17 hours ago, greenminer said:

I'm going to be very interested in how Dimel does in the future.  UTEP has had success before Dimel, but every single time it has failed to sustain itself even with the same coach.

Lol, let's pump the brakes on UTEP a bit. Their opponents records are a combined 11-41 and they haven't played anyone with a winning record yet. Their "best" wins are a 3-4 Boise team and 2-5 LT team. Let's not act like their record isn't being propped up by a bottom of the barrel schedule. I'm happy for them but some perspective always helps. 

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Here's something I never thought I'd see. UTSA vs UTEP on a nationally televised game. What a time to be alive lmao. 

Lol, let's pump the brakes on UTEP a bit. Their opponents records are a combined 11-41 and they haven't played anyone with a winning record yet. Their "best" wins are a 3-4 Boise team and 2-5 LT team. Let's not act like their record isn't being propped up by a bottom of the barrel schedule. I'm happy for them but some perspective always helps. 

They did not beat Boise. Lost 54-13