If Seth McCarneys Himself, It’s His Own Fault

CherokeeJim

The time for the Pioneer Woman’s kid to start.

Years and years ago, my friend, Seth Littrell had the nuts to bench an older QB in favor of gambling on an inexperienced fellow Okie, and it paid dividends.

Seth must not hold back now.  Retire Austin Aune.  Give him a hard nuggie on the head for effort and sass.  But, it’s time to win some games.

It’s time for another small town Oklahoma kid to show the Texans how football is played.  Seth knows this...or, at least he used to know it.

Patrick Cobbs.

It’s 2021.  These kids will transfer portal at the first offer of cash and prizes if they aren’t starting.  

By not starting him last week versus Liberty, we were denied the Drummond versus Willis match up we’d all been craving since Facts Of Life was cancelled!  

Drummond, now more than ever!  

Pawhuska.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, CherokeeJim said:

Years and years ago, my friend, Seth Littrell had the nuts to bench an older QB in favor of gambling on an inexperienced fellow Okie, and it paid dividends.

Seth must not hold back now.  Retire Austin Aune.  Give him a hard nuggie on the head for effort and sass.  But, it’s time to win some games.

It’s time for another small town Oklahoma kid to show the Texans how football is played.  Seth knows this...or, at least he used to know it.

Patrick Cobbs.

It’s 2021.  These kids will transfer portal at the first offer of cash and prizes if they aren’t starting.  

By not starting him last week versus Liberty, we were denied the Drummond versus Willis match up we’d all been craving since Facts Of Life was cancelled!  

Pawhuska.

Burn eligibility on a busted year. Great idea sport.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

It’s 2021, not 2011.  

Realignment.  NIL.  Eligibility rules. Job security.  

These things all change the equation. 

It was a bigger gamble for Seth when he put in the diminutive, small school classification Okie Mason Fine as a true freshman.

If Seth is fired and Drummond follows him to whichever school hires him as OC, we’ll have never seen him play.

There is nothing to lose...except more games.  For Seth, his job.  

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, CherokeeJim said:

It’s 2021, not 2011.  

Realignment.  NIL.  Eligibility rules. Job security.  

These things all change the equation. 

It was a bigger gamble for Seth when he put in the diminutive, small school classification Okie Mason Fine as a true freshman.

If Seth is fired and Drummond follows him to whichever school hires him as OC, we’ll have never seen him play.

There is nothing to lose...except more games.  For Seth, his job.  

Would YOU follow Seth anywhere?

If Drummond does, I'm not losing a single nights sleep.

Also, per the thread title. Seth Mccarney. Isn't that the creature that lurks in sewers, dressed as a clown, and kills kids... futures?

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

My guess if Littrell thought he had a better QB than Aune, he would play him.

Just because Drummond is a little recruited QB from a little town in Oklahoma, does not mean he is the next Mason Fine.  

I also doubt Littrell cares about players redshirts.  

I completely agree. I imagine Littrell truly believed Ruder was going to come in and be lights out, when that failed, Aune was the only one left with significant playing time to fall back on.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I completely agree. I imagine Littrell truly believed Ruder was going to come in and be lights out, when that failed, Aune was the only one left with significant playing time to fall back on.

I think we should look at Ruder again. Call me crazy, but I thought he was rushed to start. His one pass at the end of the last game looked like a different QB. I think Drummond needs to sit this year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Hell, I believed Ruder was going to be lights out too. He had shown flashes at UNC but kept getting hit with injury after injury. 

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think we should look at Ruder again. Call me crazy, but I thought he was rushed to start. His one pass at the end of the last game looked like a different QB. I think Drummond needs to sit this year. 

At this point doesn't matter. It'll be a miracle if we win another game this season. Put whatever QB you think has the most upside at this point.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UNTexas said:

7 hours ago, ADLER said:

The rules have changed. The Pioneer Kid can get playing time in the last four games and still maintain his redshirt.

Now, he loses a year of eligibility if he steps on the field for a fifth game.

I don't think it matters when during they year they play.  They get to appear in up to 4 games during freshman year without burning eligibility.

15 hours ago, CherokeeJim said:

Patrick Cobbs.

Pawhuska.

Okay now Mrs Drummond, we get it…

• Upvote 1