DMN COACHING carousel

Wag Tag

3 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

SMU is a school with an undergrad enrollment of 6,700 and we had over 20k in attendance for a week night game against a terrible Tulane team.  

I get that a lot of folks here hate SMU but if we want to play the ratio game then a school with nearly 40k undergrads and having 13k against a pretty decent Liberty squad on a Saturday evening is well.....ya know.

Understand your point, but there was not close to 20K in the stands.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DentonStang said:

When you have a great season you have fans. What's your point?

SMU is ranked but we haven't played anyone. Our win vs TCU turned out to be a crappy TCU and our next best win might be vs UNT which is entirely meaningless. We all know this. It's an expectation at this point, not something noteworthy.  If we beat teams that matter, Houston, UCF, etc, it'll be a different story. 

Costal hasn't 'played anyone' and has a huge showing, App hasn't 'played anyone' and has a great showing, UTSA hasn't 'played everyone' and they have an alright showing... Not really a great point. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

SMU is a school with an undergrad enrollment of 6,700 and we had over 20k in attendance for a week night game against a terrible Tulane team.  

I get that a lot of folks here hate SMU but if we want to play the ratio game then a school with nearly 40k undergrads and having 13k against a pretty decent Liberty squad on a Saturday evening is well.....ya know.

So what you’re saying is SMU has a ceiling. That’s the thing, UNT doesn’t. SMU doesn’t have the numbers UNT has. Our ceiling is MUCH higher than SMU. A half filled stadium for a 6-0 team isn’t “ok” because your enrollment is low. It’s still a half filled stadium (in a HUGE city)

You’re making the case for UNT over SMU when it comes to a program to consider long term. 

If UNT finally gets it’s head out of its ass and hires a good head coach, SMU (although no one associated with SMU would ever admit it) will not be able to keep up.

A ranked UNT team is a nightmare for SMU. Because of the very thing you bring up. You have a tiny enrollment and a small alumni base. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So what you’re saying is SMU has a ceiling. That’s the thing, UNT doesn’t. SMU doesn’t have the numbers UNT has. Our ceiling is MUCH higher than SMU. A half filled stadium for a 6-0 team isn’t “ok” because your enrollment is low. It’s still a half filled stadium (in a HUGE city)

You’re making the case for UNT over SMU when it comes to a program to consider long term. 

If UNT finally gets it’s head out of its ass and hires a good head coach, SMU (although no one associated with SMU would ever admit it) will not be able to keep up.

A ranked UNT team is a nightmare for SMU. Because of the very thing you bring up. You have a tiny enrollment and a small alumni base. 

Exactly. They should really take "Dallas" off of their jerseys. Dallas does not support them

6 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

Let me say this just one more time.  You are smack dab in the middle of a city of 1.3 MILLION people.   

Your enrollment is irrelevant…”Dallas’ Team”  can’t get .001% of Dallas to give two 💩’s 

14 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Actually a ranked UNT would be a welcome change of pace for SMU.  We need a much better SOS.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

14 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Let me say this just one more time.  You are smack dab in the middle of a city of 1.3 MILLION people.   

Your enrollment is irrelevant…”Dallas’ Team”  can’t get .001% of Dallas to give two 💩’s 

Houston had fewer (announced, so yeah its tickets sold) for their homecoming game against ECU on Saturday.  SMU was playing an awful Tulane team on a Thursday night and still had 20k plus.  And yes there were 20k in attendance.  I've attended every SMU home game since '02 so I'm more than aware of when the stadium "looks" like 20k but is actually at 12k.

Like I said, I hope UNT gets its act together in football and your fans show up.  Despite having 40k plus and a really nice new stadium you don't draw flies.  Facts.