DRC: Five thoughts on UNT's loss to Liberty

Brett Vito

46 minutes ago, C Rod said:

IMO, wearing our NT throwback unis/helmets is now synonymous with losing. All we do is take L’s with them on.

Our equipment team needs to pivot and only use the throwbacks on rare occasions. Bring back the wing helmets and use that as the alternate option.

I am a throwback and agree that we should only use the throwback unis on special occasions. Bring on the wings.

• Upvote 2

So I listen to the radio show after the game while driving home.  Man the radio guys throw softball questions to SL.  Last night it was you had 229 yds rushing against one of the best defenses in the country.  How did u do it?    

SL has zero energy and sounds defeated.  If he sounds that way to be I think the team can pick up on that energy or lack of it.  Watching the team running out the field it seems like we are not very excited to be there.

Bennet coaches his players all the time.  Not much seems to happen with the offense side of the ball.

Aune throwing into triple coverage?

The officials were terrible, I am not sure if Judy said screw UNT and be nice to Liberty because we want them in our conference.  That crew was clueless last night.   

I think are defense is better but our offense is stuck in the mud and I don't know who our Special Teams coach is but I am not impressed.  With the Wind at our back why did we do a Rugby kick instead of a normal punt.  Give a scholarship to a kicker please and find one who can kick a field goal.

Also when you have a field goal kicking contest for a student from the 35 yard line (I don't think our kicker on the team can do that) don't make them kick into the wind on top of it.....lol.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

So I listen to the radio show after the game while driving home.  Man the radio guys throw softball questions to SL.  Last night it was you had 229 yds rushing against one of the best defenses in the country.  How did u do it?    

SL has zero energy and sounds defeated.  If he sounds that way to be I think the team can pick up on that energy or lack of it.  Watching the team running out the field it seems like we are not very excited to be there.

Bennet coaches his players all the time.  Not much seems to happen with the offense side of the ball.

Aune throwing into triple coverage?

The officials were terrible, I am not sure if Judy said screw UNT and be nice to Liberty because we want them in our conference.  That crew was clueless last night.   

I think are defense is better but our offense is stuck in the mud and I don't know who our Special Teams coach is but I am not impressed.  With the Wind at our back why did we do a Rugby kick instead of a normal punt.  Give a scholarship to a kicker please and find one who can kick a field goal.

Also when you have a field goal kicking contest for a student from the 35 yard line (I don't think our kicker on the team can do that) don't make them kick into the wind on top of it.....lol.

Seth was ready to get out on the Golf course today. I keep being told that is his only true sports passion these days.

The only thing that made us look better was Liberty had over looked us and played us half heartedly. Call it a trap game for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Looks like a 4-8 season at best.

Rice has given up most points in conference. USM and FIU are 1-6 and beatable. BUT, all three are on the road.

Expect losses (or miracles) at home against UTEP (6-1, gasp!) and undefeated (gasp again) UTSA.

At least, we don't need to consider possible bowl game dates during the holidays.

UPDATE: NT opens 2.5 point underdog to Rice.

Edited by rws69
Update

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Our radio network, on the spectrum of critics-to-cheerleaders, is def on the cheerleader side.  They don't seem interested in putting our coaches under fire in front of a live broadcast.

Same can be said for most teams I've listened to which, admittedly, is not very many.