41 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

If you looked at this from the opposite side could you make a case that Littrell stayed loyal to the program and passed on supposed offers from Tech and KState when things were really rolling.  Do you just turn your back on that loyalty at the first sign of adversity?

The more I look around, the more I start to wonder if a move will actually be made after the season or if he will be given 1 more year now that a conference change is not hanging in the balance.  I suppose a lot will depend on how the rest of the season goes.  Last week could have been the final nail if it would have been a Portland State type blowout, but the team actually showed some fight.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

I think maybe that loyalty was rewarded with allowing him to coach THIS SEASON.   
The first sign of adversity was when NT regressed to a 4-win season in 2019, despite having both the greatest QB & WR the school has ever seen on the same roster.
Last year, you blame COVID & move on, despite not showing much progress.
This year, we're even worse, with little discipline, extremely low energy/heart, and what's looking like a possible 1-win season.
The loyalty should no-longer be rewarded.

We need to use next season in C-USA West as an entire "tune-up season" (like our first game each season with a FCS) with our new coach, so we can build up team comradery and expectations for the first season in AAC.   
We simply cannot allow this upcoming buffer season to be Littrell's swan song. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think maybe that loyalty was rewarded with allowing him to coach THIS SEASON.   
The first sign of adversity was when NT regressed to a 4-win season in 2019, despite having both the greatest QB & WR the school has ever seen on the same roster.
Last year, you blame COVID & move on, despite not showing much progress.
This year, we're even worse, with little discipline, extremely low energy/heart, and what's looking like a possible 1-win season.
The loyalty should no-longer be rewarded.

We need to use next season in C-USA West as an entire "tune-up season" (like our first game each season with a FCS) with our new coach, so we can build up team comradery and expectations for the first season in AAC.   
We simply cannot allow this upcoming buffer season to be Littrell's swan song. 

Agreed. Any form of "loyalty" evaporates after a 1 win season full of mistakes and errors. There are no moral victories when you are one of the highest paid coaches in the conference only winning 1 game in a season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2021 at 6:16 PM, Army of Dad said:

History would indicate otherwise. 

I get it, that green kool aid tastes great. If you drink enough of it you start seeing sleeping giants and sold out home games. Lord knows I’ve drank a bunch of it myself (as well as making literal mean green alcoholic drinks).

‘You just wait until we get/do “X”!’

I’ve heard that before and so have you…

You’re making too much sense they don’t wanna hear it haha 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

If you looked at this from the opposite side could you make a case that Littrell stayed loyal to the program and passed on supposed offers from Tech and KState when things were really rolling.  Do you just turn your back on that loyalty at the first sign of adversity?

The more I look around, the more I start to wonder if a move will actually be made after the season or if he will be given 1 more year now that a conference change is not hanging in the balance.  I suppose a lot will depend on how the rest of the season goes.  Last week could have been the final nail if it would have been a Portland State type blowout, but the team actually showed some fight.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

Littrell got a big fat raise too. Which he wanted.

Loyalty schmoyalty. Earn the money you wanted 

• Upvote 3

On 10/24/2021 at 10:59 PM, Army of Dad said:

I wasn’t close to UNT athletics for as long as you, but I’ve come to the conclusion that UNT will always be ‘little ole UNT’ forever. No where near enough of the alumni or local community care if North Texas wins or loses. 

Considering UNT has never REALLY won you have nothing to back that statement up. You’re looking at “winning” as we know it. A guy wins 9 games with a really soft schedule and he gets an extension. We’ve never won for real. 

So to say no one cares if UNT wins is simply not based in fact because no one knows what the community would do. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Let’s start with the number of sold out games at Apogee…

But you were answering a post that said, and I am paraphrasing, "Get the right coach in here...."  We don't have the right coach in here and haven't since Apogee opened.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1