Be prepared

Culture and environment is toxic, coaches are clueless and most don’t care, so expect a long list of transfers come December 1st.

Unfortunately, we will be in a major rebuild for a few years, but that’s okay when Seth The Money Stealer Littrell is shown the door and booted to Muskogee 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 8

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Culture and environment is toxic, coaches are clueless and most don’t care, so expect a long list of transfers come December 1st.

Unfortunately, we will be in a major rebuild for a few years, but that’s okay when Seth The Money Stealer Littrell is shown the door and booted to Muskogee 

Nothing says we can’t replace the outgoing with better incoming. Especially if we get a home run hire. 

And I don’t think there are any players on this roster with eligibility next season that I would say “we CANNOT let that guy go” they’re all replaceable imho  

could be a net positive 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Nothing says we can’t replace the outgoing with better incoming. Especially if we get a home run hire. 

And I don’t think there are any players on this roster with eligibility next season that I would say “we CANNOT let that guy go” they’re all replaceable imho  

could be a net positive 

You’re correct, but it’s a warning when people freak out when a good player leaves. 
I mean look at SMU in 2018. Sonny hired the right coaches, got the right guys to transfer in, and boom they start winning a year after

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

could be a net positive 

The problem with having a lot of transfers is the overall numbers impact. We can only bring in a certain amount of players every year so if we lose a lot to transferring we're not able to replenish the numbers

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

People said we’d be rebuilding for years when Seth took over, but we won 9 games in year two…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

expect a long list of transfers come December 1st.

Agree, I would just note that entering the portal doesn't necessarily mean someone has decided to leave for good.

In a most cases it does mean they want out, but if they don't enter the portal then no other coaches can talk to them so it's kind of like "testing the waters of free agency" in pro sports.  

With a new coach coming in, guys will have anxiety about the new offense, defense, where they fit in etc..... As soon as one guy transfers to a "bigger/better" (in the eyes of the beholder) place, other guys will wonder how they stack up and enter the portal.  For some of those guys who thought they were the bee's knees, they will learn quickly when there's no "better" offer that they're pretty damn lucky to be where they're at.

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Why do people keep saying how much talent is on this roster?  A bunch of bogus “recruiting” experts selling subscriptions? From what I see on the field -   I’m not buying it.  We can do better.

Please don’t hate or boo the players. Their fragile egos just can’t take it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1