Something to consider

Cr1028

We lost, of course we did. I will say we did look better than in the last couple weeks with a boatload of underclassmen forced to play due to injury.

The main point I want to make is that blown safety call was a 9-point swing. If that call is made, rather than being down 9, we are tied up and get the ball. If you play as well as you’re supposed to, the refs aren’t supposed to cost you a game. Today, I feel like the refs cost us this game. We could’ve done more to win but I feel like we did enough if we get that call.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Cr1028 said:

We lost, of course we did. I will say we did look better than in the last couple weeks with a boatload of underclassmen forced to play due to injury.

The main point I want to make is that blown safety call was a 9-point swing. If that call is made, rather than being down 9, we are tied up and get the ball. If you play as well as you’re supposed to, the refs aren’t supposed to cost you a game. Today, I feel like the refs cost us this game. We could’ve done more but I feel like we did enough if we get that call.

This is also relying on how mind-numbingly bad Liberty was in the first half. Nothing exist in a vacuum (except my sons single missing lego piece).

Yeah we were up. Really shouldn't have been

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Udomann said:

This is also relying on how mind-numbingly bad Liberty was in the first half. Nothing exist in a vacuum (except my sons single missing lego piece).

Yeah we were up. Really shouldn't have been

Or, alternatively, NT should have been up soooo much more than 13 points, if it does even semi ok on red zone, gets not sideline infractions etc. Like that this 9 point swing would not have mattered either, because NT would have been so far ahead

But I agree, alternative reality is interesting, but rarely useful

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Toady, I feel like the refs cost us this game. We could’ve done more but I feel like we did enough if we get that call.

No we lost the game on our own merit. We had a two score lead, then it was cut to 26-21. On the next drive we have a big 3rd & 7 conversion downfield however it’s negated by a f***ing holding call. Another drive killer penalty, we then punt and they take it back to the house, taking the lead, and never looking back. 

• Upvote 3