7 sacks and my gf is pissed

Big Z

9 minutes ago, denton_days said:

If not intentional grounding or a sack, it at least should have counted as a fumble it he was 'outside the pocket' and tossed the ball behind his head as he was tackled.

I agree. But by rule... Forward pass. Out of pocket. Passed scrimmage... IDK. Rules get very fluid at that point. Ref had probably been bribed with "all he can eat" nuggets at chick file.

No sauces though.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Is it?  When deciding between a fumble and an incomplete pass, officials look at whether the QBs arm is moving forward.  If not, it's a fumble.

Honestly though, that was one of the most bizarre plays I've ever seen.

Forward is toward the opposing teams end zone and doesn’t have anything to do with the direction the quarterback is facing.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Forward is toward the opposing teams end zone and doesn’t have anything to do with the direction the quarterback is facing.

I was being a little facetious when I posted...

That said, I doubt anyone involved had any thought about a quarterback throwing the ball backwards when writing that rule about the arm moving forward.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

28 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I think he was wrapped up and had forward motion stopped - he should have been whistled dead. They are still in protect the QB mode and quick with the "contained" sacks normally.

This was my issue with the call. Forward progress was stopped and he was being dragged to the ground. The ref should not have allowed the pass to count. Especially considering how pathetic the attempt was. I’ve seen refs call it that way before. No reason our crew couldn’t have done the same. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 1

Forward/backward pass is relative to the field, not the passer's body position.  Also, underhand toss, overhand throw, sidearm sling are all the same.  It's either a forward or backward pass.

As goofy looking as it was, it was a legal forward pass and allowable grounding.  In retrospect, I gotta give the QB credit for that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Agree with y’all on the safety play.

But the infuriating part, for me, was that Seth didn’t call a TO to have them look at it, or chew out the ref after the play…. No, he waited to do those things until AFTER the next play was run (a 30yd completion for a 1st down)!

No dude, you can’t argue with the ref about that play after another play was run!!  SMH.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1