A masterclass of awful coaching was put on today

ntmeangreen11

QB Aune is bad and the best we have so I get it.  Some of our talent showed up today.   Actually think this team is more talented than Aune allows them to a showcase.   And I don't know how pumped redshirt sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are about the AAC news.  Most won't be here when the transition to AAC happens.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

QB Aune is bad and the best we have so I get it.  Some of our talent showed up today.   Actually think this team is more talented than Aune.   And I don't know how pumped redshirt sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are about the AAC news.  Most won't be here when the transition to AAC happens.

There is absolutely no way Aune is the best we have. He's terrible. I'm generally pretty optimist and lenient on our team but he's awful, and consistently throws the ball 5-10 ft outside of receivers' targets. He can run and pass once in a while. Thats it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

When Seth started chasing points instead of taking what was in my front of us - I knew it would go sideways. Two point conversion? 4/1 .... When the burning cross flames were just giving us feild position... Oh my lord.

• Upvote 3

That game turned when they tossed out Gaddie for the bogus targeting call.  They toss a TD right over his replacement within a play or two.  Then we lose both starting corners.  Defense played great, but ran out of depth.

Then you have the awful no call on the intentional grounding in the end zone that should’ve tied the game and given us the ball.

Can’t remember a game where I felt the refs just flat stole it, but tonight was close.  Those two calls were game changing.  I hope we’re sending in a complaint to the league office.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, WanderingEagle said:

There is absolutely no way Aune is the best we have. He's terrible. I'm generally pretty optimist and lenient on our team but he's awful, and consistently throws the ball 5-10 ft outside of receivers' targets. He can run and pass once in a while. Thats it.

If he isn’t the best QB on the roster eligible and healthy to play then Seth is beyond just being a bad coach.  I refuse to believe that any coach once as highly thought of a Seth could be that bad.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

If he isn’t the best QB on the roster eligible and healthy to play then Seth is beyond just being a bad coach.  I refuse to believe that any coach once as highly thought of a Seth could be that bad.

It's stunning to me that we apparently don't have a legitimate FBS QB on this roster ... or if we do, that our coaching staff strangely doesn't want to play him.  What we've put out there at QB this year is just horrible.

Watching our passing game is really painful  🙁   We basically played Dickey Ball today to keep from getting spanked because we have no real passing game.  Unfortunately, Dickey Ball only keeps us from getting beat by 40 points ... it doesn't give us a real chance to win.

(I really do appreciate Aune's grit and hard play btw ... he certainly plays hard ... he's just not an FBS QB unfortunately).

• Upvote 2