North Texas - Liberty Official Game Thread

The good news: for once none of NTs yards are garbage time yards. The bad news: this was a golden opportunity to get a win over a winning team who was giving away gifts in the first 2.5 quarters as if it was christmas. This team beats itself time and time again, even before the oponent does anything

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Udomann said:

How many of those are on the receiver corps? That's certainly who I put blame on

Aune throws a lot of ducks, he often throws them late, and his release is slow. We're lucky we don't have MORE injured receivers the way he sets them up to get their heads taken off.

That pass down the sideline to Brown should've been 6 points, but it was a wobbly rainbow. Would've changed the game, but he's just not capable of making the throws on a consistent basis. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Aune throws a lot of ducks, he often throws them late, and his release is slow. We're lucky we don't have MORE injured receivers the way he sets them up to get their heads taken off.

That pass down the sideline to Brown should've been 6 points, but it was a wobbly rainbow. Would've changed the game, but he's just not capable of making the throws on a consistent basis. 

Again, I've never been an aune fan. Exact opposite. But he showed growth. A lot more accurate than before (still a low bar). A few good runs. Im not saying he's the second coming of Mason, just that our team has many problems to fix. Our WR is in need of some Playmakers

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

One more game, I think. Then it's time to burn the shirt on Drummond.

To clarify, we won't actually be burning the shirt on Drummond. We have 5 games left. After Rice, we can play him the rest of the way to hopefully see if he's got something. Either way, we still likely need another veteran transfer QB next year.

BUT, that could all be dependent on (hopefully) the new coach.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, outoftown said:

The good news: for once none of NTs yards are garbage time yards. The bad news: this was a golden opportunity to get a win over a winning team who was giving away gifts in the first 2.5 quarters as if it was christmas. This team beats itself time and time again, even before the oponent does anything

^^^^

This

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Again, I've never been an aune fan. Exact opposite. But he showed growth. A lot more accurate than before (still a low bar). A few good runs. Im not saying he's the second coming of Mason, just that our team has many problems to fix.

And the QB situation is the biggest as far as our offense goes (not counting our coaching). Not having an answer at the most important position on the field is a big problem.

One team out there trusted their QB (both of them) to make plays downfield. We only attempted it when we had to, and only once did we hit (still underthrown and sadly came back on a holding call).  It is clear from our playcalling we do not have faith on our downfield passing. Opponents creep up and dare us to beat them deep, and we just can't.

• Lovely Take 2

Who would have thought after a tough loss, we would have fans that want to fire the coach and change QB's.

That is the normal reaction on fan boards of unsuccessful teams. 

I actually thought that NT played their best game of the year.   Yeah, that is not saying much; but the effort was definitely there.   The lost of wide receivers and defensive backs probably was the difference. 

Littrell is not going to fired during the season and the odds of another QB emerging that is better than Aune is minimal. 

However, if you think it accomplishes something; please feel free to continue to plaster the board with those sentiments. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

And the QB situation is the biggest as far as our offense goes (not counting our coaching). Not having an answer at the most important position on the field is a big problem.

Perfectly fair point. I don't think any QB on our roster can answer that problem right now. I just saw upward trajectory and think maybe, somehow, it could work.

But this is UNT. And you have to drink to survive a game. So maybe I was just watching golden girls and hallucinating

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It just sucks because:

1) For a lot of this game, we were in position for an ugly win

2) Even believing that our coach is done and can't do the job anymore, none of us are actively rooting against these kids/this team. We still want to watch the team win.

3) Time is scarce as an adult, and spending so much time on something that's ultimately frustrating or upsetting just compounds the issue.

I'm not getting nearly as angry, anymore, because I don't think there's anything that can be done this season. I just hate the injuries and lack of discipline most of all. I want to see this team get better, and it just seems like we keep finding different ways to be bad. I need SOMETHING for the future.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Who would have thought after a tough loss, we would have fans that want to fire the coach and change QB's.

That is the normal reaction on fan boards of unsuccessful teams. 

I actually thought that NT played their best game of the year.   Yeah, that is not saying much; but the effort was definitely there.   The lost of wide receivers and defensive backs probably was the difference. 

Littrell is not going to fired during the season and the odds of another QB emerging that is better than Aune is minimal. 

However, if you think it accomplishes something; please feel free to continue to plaster the board with those sentiments. 

The alternative is apathy, which is far worse, when there are no positives to point to next year.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

It just sucks because:

1) For a lot of this game, we were in position for an ugly win

2) Even believing that our coach is done and can't do the job anymore, none of us are actively rooting against these kids/this team. We still want to watch the team win.

3) Time is scarce as an adult, and spending so much time on something that's ultimately frustrating or upsetting just compounds the issue.

I'm not getting nearly as angry, anymore, because I don't think there's anything that can be done this season. I just hate the injuries and lack of discipline most of all. I want to see this team get better, and it just seems like we keep finding different ways to be bad. I need SOMETHING for the future.

Recommendation: More alcohol.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Exactly. Aune has regressed significantly and he’s putting our WRs a risk. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

80FB300E-22A5-4D19-8B98-26361B7EE948.jpeg

That chart is awesome.  Does that mean we are in the conference championship game?  I’m frustrated that we didn’t get any recruiting bump from the Mason Fine era and obviously he was carrying the coaches along.  Can’t believe the product on the field now is so bad and the AAC wanted us.  They are really rolling the dice on POTENTIAL.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, jbchis said:

That chart is awesome.  Does that mean we are in the conference championship game?  I’m frustrated that we didn’t get any recruiting bump from the Mason Fine era and obviously he was carrying the coaches along.  Can’t believe the product on the field now is so bad and the AAC wanted us.  They are really rolling the dice on POTENTIAL.

No, it means we're the homely girl that puts out so, she gets invited to all the parties.

• Oh Boy! 1