I Think Seth Will Be Our HC Next Year

SUMG

After attending last night's great AAC celly, I came away with the impression that they are gonna keep Seth around.

For one thing.....he was there. His team was down at the hotel....but Seth was at the event. I didn't see any other coaches of any sports. (maybe some were there). But if they were there....there was only one coach recognized from the speakers....and that was Seth.

Wren heaped praise on him.....by saying something like...."We wouldn't be getting into the AAC....if not for things like four bowl games in five years."  (paraphrased).

This would sure explain the Phil Bennett 2-year deal. 

Anyway....just my perception. Talked to a few other fans afterwards.....they felt the same thing. 

I guess in 6 weeks....we'll know. 

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 3
  • Pissed 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

You could also make the argument that the fact he was there but they didn’t have him speak makes it clear the administration knows how the fan base feels. I suspect he will be here unless they can find someone to buy out the contract in addition to the support they are seeking to build up the athletic center.

GMG

• Upvote 4

I don't think Seph being there and being praised has anything to do with him being here next year. 

It is football season and the AD and President are not going to make any kind of statement that could dampen the celebration of a new league.  

I still believe Littrell will have to finish strong to be here next year.  

• Upvote 7

Mentioning Littrell was simply professional courtesy.  We're in the middle of FB season and FB is a huge part of the conference decision, so it's not surprising to have the FB coach there.

I suspect that the same people that have been working on this for 2 years and were prepared to make their case when the TX/OU domino fell in July have been working on a plan for what to do coaching-wise all along. 

It's likely that once this season became a disaster that they already had a high expectation that we'd get elevated to the AAC and they would wait for the announcement before trying to hire the next coach.

• Upvote 6

Yeah, I don't think they were going to be like:

"And don't worry, guys, we're gonna can this guy soon and get back to winning YEAHHHHH!"

I believe Wren is simply planning on giving SL the year to coach out and finish and wishes to support him along the way. That's all. I mean, they also spoke glowingly of RV. Nature of the event, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Yeah, I don't think they were going to be like:

"And don't worry, guys, we're gonna can this guy soon and get back to winning YEAHHHHH!"

I believe Wren is simply planning on giving SL the year to coach out and finish and wishes to support him along the way. That's all. I mean, they also spoke glowingly of RV. Nature of the event, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Exactly this... they are not going to belittle the guy in front of everyone in public like that. I still think if we don't win more then 4 he is gone

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

I thought this was a 3 win team going into the season, as bad as that is, I still think thats the measuring stick for SL. 

Where else but UNT is the measuring stick for a head football coach is  3 wins in his 6th season? For the past 3 years Billy See and others have rated his recruiting at the top of CUSA. If that is true, and Billy See has always been spot on, then Littrell can't coach. Expect more or you will get less, and i certainly expect more.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, wardly said:

Where else but UNT is the measuring stick for a head football coach is  3 wins in his 6th season? For the past 3 years Billy See and others have rated his recruiting at the top of CUSA. If that is true, and Billy See has always been spot on, then Littrell can't coach. Expect more or you will get less, and i certainly expect more.

by what criteria do they have a top recruiting class?  sure they always seem to find a WR or RB with some talent, but so much of the game is played at the line of scrimmage, and that starts with offensive linemen and thats where they have been out recruited the last couple seasons. 

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

by what criteria do they have a top recruiting class?  sure they always seem to find a WR or RB with some talent, but so much of the game is played at the line of scrimmage, and that starts with offensive linemen and thats where they have been out recruited the last couple seasons. 

Hey, I am just reporting our recruiting rankings as I read them. I think we were either #1 or #2 in CUSA this last year.

• Upvote 3