So does this now mean baseball?

greengal

6 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I'd like to see baseball before any other large project.  

I think I read somewhere yesterday that baseball won't be a requirement for AAC membership.

I think we are going to play this conservatively as we make the transition into AAC.  There are likely tons of costs to manage over the next few years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've never seen anything suggesting baseball was a requirement for membership.  However, we are the second largest school in the AAC.  As such, to quote George Costanza, "You're not in the mood ?  Well, get in the mood ! "

NT is the only new member of the AAC NOT to play baseball.  While that is not a good reason to add baseball, I still hate to be the only new school that doesn't play baseball.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I don't see a start date listed anywhere, but its the only "short-term project" left so I imagine construction will start soon.

image.png.43c5493714dccf67a805881da82f539d.png

As stated before this looks awesome and would be great making the football only facility about 15,000sq ft or tripling the size. My concern is the timeline. HAS been in the plans for a few years now. When will it start and timeline for completion? If they can make an announcement before the next football hire it could definately open more potential candidates. If not build a separate S&C facility now.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

As stated before this looks awesome and would be great making the football only facility about 15,000sq ft or tripling the size. My concern is the timeline. HAS been in the plans for a few years now. When will it start and timeline for completion? If they can make an announcement before the next football hire it could definately open more potential candidates. If not build a separate S&C facility now.

I'm pretty sure this is the next-up big facilities project.   There is nothing ahead of it.

• Thanks 2