American Athletic Conference Presser: Dr. Smatresk and Wren Baker

NorthTexan95

27 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Funny, not many mentions of the football program. I feel like there were some subtle hints at change there at some point. Might be pretty obvious.

He had one comment about not making emotional decisions that seemed aimed at football fans right now.  My guess is SL will be here through 2022 and then a decision will be made. 

They should just show Necessary Roughness on the video board after each home game to get the crowd to stick around, and a special on nachos, popcorn and beer after the 3rd quarter.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I disagree.  To me it was aimed at those who wanted Seth fired after the SMU game or earlier in this season.  They made other comments about being prepared for AAC that led me to believe they are ready to upgrade the head coaching spot.

That's exactly what he meant. If Seth only wins another game this year and gets fired that certainly isn't a knee-jerk reaction like the one he was referring to earlier in the year when we were all clamoring for his immediate firing.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

55 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Or, ride out the Seth Littrell disaster until the contract ends, regardless the outcome of the games.  We need the money for entry into the AAC.  Unless some deep pockets Alumnus steps up and rids us of Seth.  We can’t continue with Seth.

Oh man, if this happens, we are in for a season and a half of torture. I really hope they pull the trigger. We really need to make the move ASAP so that we can start moving that direction and the new coach can have time to build before the first year of AAC play.

Puts on tinfoil hat

Another thought, what if Wren knew about this a little sooner than he is letting on and that's why he wanted to hold SL around. He wanted to get through this with all the work he had to put into it before adding another big task to his plate.

Takes off tinfoil hat

Edited by BigWillie
Adding more info
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Or, ride out the Seth Littrell disaster until the contract ends, regardless the outcome of the games.  We need the money for entry into the AAC.  Unless some deep pockets Alumnus steps up and rids us of Seth.  We can’t continue with Seth.

The Mean Green certainly can’t continue to perform as they are, otherwise the espn will relegate em to the bottom 10.  Is it the system or the culture or the…what? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

He had one comment about not making emotional decisions that seemed aimed at football fans right now.  My guess is SL will be here through 2022 and then a decision will be made. 

They should just show Necessary Roughness on the video board after each home game to get the crowd to stick around, and a special on nachos, popcorn and beer after the 3rd quarter.  

And have that kicker put it through…

GMG

Edited by ChiefTenBeers2015
GMG
  • Upvote 2