I Want an SMU-UNT Rivalry Trophy

UNTflyer

SMU fans can deny there is a rivalry all they want, but the fact is these games are going to have more meaning and will now be played later in the season when titles are on the line.

They're going to knock us out of division races, we're going to do the same to them.

Time to step it up and make a trophy for this RIVALRY.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Cougar King said:

I don't understand the obsession/fascination with SMU. Is UNT really that starved for an in-state rival? Let alone one that doesn't even care about them.

I can assure you that we won't miss SMU after we leave the he AAC.

What is your obsession with NT? You have been on here for years? I mean, you are good at trolling but I don’t visit other schools sites. But I for one don’t really know why people even think about SMU either. I just don’t care.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

What is your obsession with NT? You have been on here for years? I mean, you are good at trolling but I don’t visit other schools sites. But I for one don’t really know why people even think about SMU either. I just don’t care.

I think I read before he's actually a UNT alum as he attended UNT but I do not think he graduated from here and later did from Houston. 

• Upvote 2

The thing about calling it the "Safeway Bowl" or having a shopping cart trophy, etc...   is that it's entirely one-sided (NT-centric).   
Coach Simon was challenging SMU to play us & said we'd play them in a Safeway parking lot.  A challenge that went unrequited.  
So, a gold-plated shopping cart trophy would mean a lot to us as NT fans, but wouldn't really mean the same thing to SMU fans.     Gotta find something more neutral, or something we both have in common.
But yeah, we need one.
Then, we need to force a rivalry with TCU, and have a trophy with them too.   
Ideally, the school holding both trophies would be the king of DFW.

• Downvote 1