Do ya'll realize...what we could be headed for?

TheColonyEagle

4 hours ago, I Always Mean Green said:

I will have to clarify when I say reviews and critics it is mainly from the discussion on articles. Many I have seen saying the UNT addition only lessens the AAC. So mainly just the overall approval from the normal folk that aren't on the GMG message boards. I'll find you some links tho if you want. 

Basketball winning in round 1 of NCAA plus success in soccer, volleyball, golf, softball, and other sports weakens the AAC? Not buying that for a moment.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, rws69 said:

Basketball winning in round 1 of NCAA plus success in soccer, volleyball, golf, softball, and other sports weakens the AAC? Not buying that for a moment.

I agree. Those aren't my words. That was the impression I was getting from discussions/comments I was reading. Most people only look at things from the football perspective. They need to go ask Purdue BB what we are all about. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is what it boils down to.

Nevermind that UNT is truly the apple of the 6 schools being added because of EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING BESIDES FOOTBALL RECORD.
People see we're dragging a** on the field right now and apply that thick filter to how they view UNT Athletics (heck, UNT as an institution) as a whole.   Understandable.   We all do this.
On the flipside, UTSA fans are Billionaire-strutting around everywhere thinking the AAC hit the lottery by adding them because they're undefeated/ranked in football, yet EVERYTHING ELSE THEY BRING TO THE TABLE IS EITHER MEDIOCRE, OR FLAT-OUT SUCKS.

Baker cannot afford to miss on his hire this offseason.   I think he'll come through.

I honestly think most are ecstatic that we got the opportunity and realize that moving up in conference will move all of us back to the bottom and need to build back up.  Its just an opportunity that you cant pass up on, we all have to jump on it and put our best product forward.  Its going to be big for all of us.  Exciting times ahead.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

I honestly think most are ecstatic that we got the opportunity and realize that moving up in conference will move all of us back to the bottom and need to build back up.  Its just an opportunity that you cant pass up on, we all have to jump on it and put our best product forward.  Its going to be big for all of us.  Exciting times ahead.  

Sure is man and glad to have you guys along with us for the ride.  Really see a big Texas sized rivalry growing between us. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

Two things for our team's future move and rivalry 

your-team-sucks-congrats-your-team-sucks