IT IS OFFICIAL UNT TO the AAC!

Coach Andy Mac

Still looks like a good deal, but Memphis, SMU, and South Florida may be gone when we get there.

Dear AAC Presidents,

Changes could be coming much sooner than expected.

Please be prepared to quickly replace Memphis, SMU, and South Florida should they get invited to the Big XII, Wichita and Temple if they subsequently bolt for regional basketball conferences, and Navy if it chooses to go independent.

Us former CUSA schools could all be paying millions each just for the right to play Tulsa, Tulane, and East Carolina in the new American Conference. At least we'll have a better conference administration, better payouts, and the backing of ESPN.

Please keep the conference footprint tight, don't appease any schools that'll threaten to leave for a basketball conference, keep La Tech, Louisiana, and Southern Miss on speed dial, and work with ESPN to select as many as four other schools/markets to make the revised American Conference Sixteen the most viable conference possible.

aac2021.jpg

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Still waiting.  Not getting drawn offsides on a hard count.

Its coming from McMurphy, getting offsides all the time are the Murphy twins. Coincidence? Me thinks not.

2 hours ago, cogido said:

Calm down you guys !  I can see you a year from now ... “when do we get in the SEC” ?  GMG 🤠

Why do I need to wait a year for some fun speculation... when is NT getting into the SEC? Could it be 2024, because UT is  backing out, now that they lost to an SEC also ran this season and saw how tough it will be, and now NT is taking the spot?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

Still looks like a good deal, but Memphis, SMU, and South Florida may be gone when we get there.

Us former CUSA schools could all be paying millions each just for the right to play Tulsa, Tulane, and East Carolina in the new American Conference. At least we'll have a better conference administration, better payouts, and the backing of ESPN.

Well, if those schools leave, they have to pay exit fees, which should essentially return the entry fees now paid back to the incoming schools. Second while one always does have to have a plan b, there was a lot of very wild speculation in that video that does not sound very credible to me. I doubt strongly that the Big 12 expands before they swallowed up all the money of UT and OU leaving amongst themselves, wherefore I think it will be at least 2-3 years before such an extension gets put into discussion. I am even more dubious of the notion that Memphis really said no to the Big12.

Edited by outoftown

GMG logic:

“Well now, Hayden Fry’s last win as UNT HFC was on a frosty night at Fouts Field with a win against the Memphis Tigers &.......UTSA beat  Memphis several weeks ago so the Mean Green & Road Runners should actually be the ones next in line to join Big 12 Light, right?🙄

Drink a 6 pack, light up a doobie, read one of my longer epistles & then read the rest of this board because if you do I swear you’ll want to run out on Stemmons Freeway during morning traffic. 😆o o

🦅❇️🦅 I’ll be at Apogee Stadium this Saturday to celebrate our (still) amazingly bright future in the AAC.  I will not let a few of you to 💔break my spirit, either, since that seems to be the mission of a few of you.

Join me & others from GMG who’ve also said they’ll be at Apogee, too. You’ll be glad you did.

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!  WE HAVE REASON TO!

Come on now Cougar Red, DentonStang, SMULEOPOLD & HOG DOG—GIVE ME SOME RED!🩸

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2