AAC Coaching Salaries

Moobs

I got curious.  Are we going to have to step it up?  Or are we overpaying Seth so much that we'll fall right in line?

Found this article with a list of coaches salaries.

Some interesting notes:

Salaries range from $1.34M (SMU) to $4M (Houston) - Sonny Dykes is the lowest paid coach in that conference. Wow!

Of the remaining teams, the highest paid coach (Navy) makes $2.3M

If you take out the teams leaving (Houston, Cincy & UCF) the average HC salary of the remaining schools is $1.75M.

Only 2 remaining schools (Navy & Temple) pay more than $1.8M.

We match 2 other schools (Memphis and USF) that currently pay $1.8M

Looks like our budget is already in line with being amongst the biggest in the conference.  Hopefully we can find a coach soon for that kind of money who can compete in that conference.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Sonny Dykes makes a lot more than that.

Private schools are squirrely in how they have to report that stuff. I talked to a fried that's an SMU guy last week and he told me Sonny was making over $3 mil. Take that for what it's worth, but that seems about right.

**Edit** and I'll add, again I'm showing a lot of confidence in this post with no actual facts to back it up...dammit

Edited by TheColonyEagle

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

I got curious.  Are we going to have to step it up?  Or are we overpaying Seth so much that we'll fall right in line?

Some interesting notes:

Salaries range from $1.34M (SMU) to $4M (Houston) - Sonny Dykes is the lowest paid coach in that conference. Wow!

If you take out the teams leaving (Houston, Cincy & UCF) the average HC salary of the remaining schools is $1.75M.

Looks like our budget is already in line with being amongst the biggest in the conference.  Hopefully we can find a coach soon for that kind of money who can compete in that conference.

Our pay for the head coach may be in line but our budget is nowhere near most of the schools in the a AAC 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Our pay for the head coach may be in line but our budget is nowhere near most of the schools in the a AAC 

AD Rev. Memphis $61m, ECU $56M, UNT $40M, UTSA $32M. The average is going to drop. I wonder if UT did some kind of back up for UTSA?

If we can make on the low end just an additional firm $1.5, you can service alot of debt for new facilities.

We were at the top in C-USA, the goal needs to be the same in the AAC.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Moobs said:

Some interesting notes:

And I think Ken is on the hot seat at Navy right now.  But I dunno if they'll ever let him go.

18 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

AD Rev. Memphis $61m, ECU $56M, UNT $40M, UTSA $32M. The average is going to drop. I wonder if UT did some kind of back up for UTSA?

If we can make on the low end just an additional firm $1.5, you can service alot of debt for new facilities.

We were at the top in C-USA, the goal needs to be the same in the AAC.

I believe someone had reported the SMU is in the neighborhood of 60 million

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Sonny Dykes makes a lot more than that.

Private schools are squirrely in how they have to report that stuff. I talked to a fried that's an SMU guy last week and he told me Sonny was making over $3 mil. Take that for what it's worth, but that seems about right.

That makes sense.  Those private schools play by a little different set of rules when it comes to the finances.  $3M sounds totally believable to me.

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I should have clarified.  Yes, our Head Coach budget is in line.  Where everything else falls, I don't know.  I didn't look into that, but it looks like Wag Tag did a little research above.