On KTCK 1310 “The Ticket” this AM, did anyone else hear the 2 UNT grads talking ‘bout TCU’s Patterson & UNT’s Littrell?

PlummMeanGreen

What was said?  Anyone listen in?

The “Musers”, ie, George Dunham & Junior Miller, both proud UNT grads from the Bill Mercer School of Broadcasting at North Texas😊 were talking how hot were the seats of the TCU & UNT HFC’s.  Is that somehow on a podcast?  Any quotes? 

•••Showed this before, but this is a pic I took of (UNT student) Craig Way & his professor (Bill Mercer) at a UNT Homecoming game in the Fall of 1985.

🗣Craig has been radio voice of the Texas Longhorns for decades & Mercer (in his 90’s) lives somewhere in New England. 

31294637-760D-4ADD-ADF6-9C0F2A829D99.jpeg.87fc3d1be7f8679a08e11440912e2326.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

I heard it. George said he really didn't know what the problem was at NT. He said he didn't know Seth as well as the head coaches we've had in the past. Both mentioned recruiting as one problem stating that every NT coach says they're gonna hit the metroplex really hard but seem to never have any success there. George did mention that Seth was in the running for K State and maybe Texas Tech a few years ago but he didn't explain as to how that affected the past few losing seasons. 

• Thanks 1

However, to expand on Rudy's point, literally nothing was said in that segment by Craig or JubJub that hasn't already been extensively commented on by this board -- poor recruiting, downgraded results by Seth these past few years, we haven't had a coach with an overall winning record here since Hayden Fry, etc.  Basically, our 2 alumni succinctly summed up this board's issues in a 5 minute discussion of UNT.

• Upvote 1

I heard it. I didn't think it was harsh or purposely negative at all. They just told the truth. Craig gets a lot of crap on here but he was more than fair to UNT and our football program. He sincerely roots for UNT to do well. It's not his fault we haven't had a coach leave here with a winning record since Hayden Fry. It's just a fact. 

• Upvote 3

They said that the North Texas job is the epitome of a dead-end job. That the head coaches of UNT haven’t ever coached as a head coach in football anywhere else after here since Jerry Moore left in 1981. 

It is a very real stigma and it’s not gonna get any better after Mumbles leaves for that reputation. 

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I heard it. I didn't think it was harsh or purposely negative at all. They just told the truth. Craig gets a lot of crap on here but he was more than fair to UNT and our football program. He sincerely roots for UNT to do well. It's not his fault we haven't had a coach leave here with a winning record since Hayden Fry. It's just a fact. 

Agree.   Miller seemed genuinely perplexed as to how this could happen and asked if the backsliding was all about Mason Fine's absence, which if he wasn't paying attention, he wouldn't piece together.  No bashing, just lamenting like the rest of us.

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

They said that the North Texas job is the epitome of a dead-end job. That the head coaches of UNT haven’t ever coached as a head coach in football anywhere else after here since Jerry Moore left in 1981. 

It is a very real stigma and it’s not gonna get any better after Mumbles leaves for that reputation. 

Yep, they did say this, and how can you possibly argue against it?   Gotta find the guy who says, "They haven't seen me yet!" and hire him.

• Upvote 1