New American Conference Coaching Carousel Prediction

TheReal_jayD

In 2023 SMU, UNT and UTSA reportedly will all be in the same conference with UTSA and UNT set to join the American.

My prediction is all three Schools will have coaching openings the off-season

SMU coach Sonny Dykes heads to Texas Tech

UTSA coach Jeff Traylor leaves for the new SMU opening

and Seth is released after a 2-10 season.

That's my prediction. You can put it on the board

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

In 2023 SMU, UNT and UTSA reportedly will all be in the same conference with UTSA and UNT set to join the American.

SMU will promote Garrett Riley OC to head coach!, to maintain continuity and keep the pipeline open to his brother at OU. Seth will follow Dykes as OC to Tech. ( save us some money) We go after Traylor with a multi year deal and a huge buy out. GMG 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Wait,  you're saying Seth will be back next year???

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

Jeff Traylor and SMU had an ugly break up years ago. He was the interim coach during the bowl game after Morris went to Arkansas. The players wanted him to be full time coach and they went with Dykes instead. He resigned right before the bowl game, and Dykes had to start early. SMU then got smoked in the Frisco bowl.

Sounds like Traylor would rather not return to SMU.  Maybe he'd like to follow in Hayden Fry's footsteps and show them what they missed from coaching in Denton.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping Wren is already interviewing candidates if this is the case. We need to have our guy in place the minute Littrell is gone, if he is to finish out the season.

We need another Grant Mccasland or Rodney DeLong desperately. If we flop on this FB hire we're doomed to mediocrity in a brand new conference rather than showing just how much we deserve to be in that conference.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

14 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I'm hoping Wren is already interviewing candidates if this is the case. We need to have our guy in place the minute Littrell is gone, if he is to finish out the season.

We need another Grant Mccasland or Rodney DeLong desperately. If we flop on this FB hire we're doomed to mediocrity in a brand new conference rather than showing just how much we deserve to be in that conference.

I may be wrong, as I have proved several times lately, but I think if a school wants to interview a coach under contract at another program they  must be granted permission by them, or did I just dream this.

8 minutes ago, wardly said:

I may be wrong, as I have proved several times lately, but I think if a school wants to interview a coach under contract at another program they  must be granted permission by them, or did I just dream this.

Correct. Which is why it always leaks. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, wardly said:

It is all handled by agents now.  There is no way a team can bar a coach from talking to anyone.  

Agent reaches an agreement in principle, secret meeting with coach, and if agreement is made it is announced.

No agreement, no announcement; however it certainly can be leaked like Littrell dalliance with KSU.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Correct and it is also not permissible for schools to talk to someone before they go into the transfer portal😉