I guess the AAC rumor

southsideguy

4 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

The rumor could be the reason he's still hanging around. Wait for it all to settle, then he's shown the door.

UNT might be in a $$ situation now.  Do you hold out on the SL contract to save money to pay the CUSA $3mill buyout in a year or two?   Not sure how long SL has left on his contract.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenRoadrunner said:

UNT might be in a $$ situation now.  Do you hold out on the SL contract to save money to pay the CUSA $3mill buyout in a year or two?   Not sure how long SL has left on his contract.

From what I understand the exit fee is paid for by forfeiting conference revenue. Someone else can chime in if that is incorrect. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

From what I understand the exit fee is paid for by forfeiting conference revenue. Someone else can chime in if that is incorrect. 

Pretty sure it's the reverse.   The entrance fee for the AAC will be deducted from the AAC conference revenue shares.
I think Judy is going to hold all of the exiting schools' feet to the fire & demand it up front.   Don't be surprised if the 6 departing schools to band together and litigate those fees to see if they can work something out though.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Pretty sure it's the reverse.   The entrance fee for the AAC will be deducted from the AAC conference revenue shares.
I think Judy is going to hold all of the exiting schools' feet to the fire & demand it up front.   Don't be surprised if the 6 departing schools to band together and litigate those fees to see if they can work something out though.

Why can’t they not charge exit fees to us and in turn we won’t charge exit fees to the belch and it overall lowers everyone’s payouts?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Gives SL cover for a week, or until Saturday when Liberty kicks our ass.

I watched highlights from a few Liberty games from earlier this year.  This has the potential to be the ugliest game of the year if the team brings the same amount of effort as last week. Like Portland State bad.  Liberty has tons of speed on both sides of the ball.  

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think both are true regarding the entrance and exit fees. 

I doubt it will be upfront. What would be the point of an 18 month notice to leave the conference? If schools were required to pay it all up front they would want the right to leave immediately. 

6 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I think both are true regarding the entrance and exit fees. 

I doubt it will be upfront. What would be the point of an 18 month notice to leave the conference? If schools were required to pay it all up front they would want the right to leave immediately. 

Oh, I see.   You're saying since we have that extra time, we can bake those fees into our media shares and whatnot.   
Makes sense, but I'm betting when the clock strikes midnight on the day we're set to leave, Judy is going to want every last dollar in her account.  Doubtful NT is able to drag it out past that date on credit or something.

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh, I see.   You're saying since we have that extra time, we can bake those fees into our media shares and whatnot.   
Makes sense, but I'm betting when the clock strikes midnight on the day we're set to leave, Judy is going to want every last dollar in her account.  Doubtful NT is able to drag it out past that date on credit or something.

Yup, IIRC the exit fee is 3 million? We likely forfeit our conference revenue for this year and next, then pay the difference before our time is up. 

Now Judy gets out of her little car to engage the conference. 

She’s been a piece of work. CUSA didn’t need to dissolve but it is going to because Of her. 

Ready for our program to be out from under her stewardship. 

GMG

• Upvote 3