So does this mean we are now officially a Power 6 member?

Jonnyeagle

I hope this post is sarcasm.

If this all holds true, it is a great thing for North Texas.    I like Aresco as a commissioner and he has done a lot to promote the AAC.   We have the same Texas school alignment and swap SMU with UTEP.  All good news.

But P5 or even P5.5 ?   Please no.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, akriesman said:

If this all holds true, it is a great thing for North Texas.    I like Aresco as a commissioner and he has done a lot to promote the AAC.   We have the same Texas school alignment and swap SMU with UTEP.  All good news.

Agreed.

Nothing, as far as I know has been signed as yet.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, akriesman said:

And swap SoMiss for Tulane!  🥳 
But also swap LATech for Tulsa.  😥

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

If so that is pretty cool and should help with the recruits.

And THAT is a huge reason SMU doesn't want us in. Even their own fans admit if we are in the same conference we are going to get better recruits than we do now and better recruits will make it more likely we will catch them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 2

56 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

Seems the best teams are leaving.  How is the AAC much better for us than C-USA? Honest question.   

It is slightly better than current C-USA.  But it is a LOT better than getting left behind in a now mostly eastern conference that just lost most of its bigger budget schools and could get further raided by the Sun Belt.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

17 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Stop talking bad about your conference. 

Must be a sunbelt spy

P6 4 life!

ok...joined this site in 03....i've been around the block a few times kid.  the p6 shit is stupid, whether north texas is there or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, THOR said:

ok...joined this site in 03....i've been around the block a few times kid.  the p6 shit is stupid, whether north texas is there or not.

So, you old enough to grow a sense of humor? My post was 107% jest.

Obviously you missed your blood pressure meds old man...

Edited by Udomann
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, THOR said:

Because aspiring to be something more than you are is verboten? 

When we were in the Sunbelt, I wanted to be in the CUSA. When we were there, I wanted to be in the MWC. When we might be in the AAC, I want to be in the MWC. And then the SWC, and the Big 12. Aspiring to be better than you are is a good thing.

No offense.

GMG

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

When we were in the Sunbelt, I wanted to be in the CUSA. When we were there, I wanted to be in the MWC. When we might be in the AAC, I want to be in the MWC. And then the SWC, and the Big 12. Aspiring to be better than you are is a good thing.

No offense.

GMG

totally agree with you, but stupid, made up labels are just that, stupid

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, untcampbell said:

No offense.

GMG

9 hours ago, THOR said:

totally agree with you, but stupid, made up labels are just that, stupid

When we wanted in CUSA, we didn’t brand things as though we were in CUSA.  It’s like the guys that aspire to be professional athletes telling the girls in the bar that they ARE professional athletes.  +1 to @THOR.

• Thanks 2