C-USA claiming they are better off?

Coach Andy Mac

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/aac-to-add-six-schools-conference-usa-college-football-realignment-charlotte-fau-north-texas-rice-uab-utsa?utm_source=article&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=brettmcmurphy

“We will be much better without those six schools,” a C-USA source said. “The AAC will see their College Football Playoff rankings drop in the Group of Five. We have a chance to leapfrog them. This is a good day for C-USA.”

2 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Yeah, right.
🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇S🍇O🍇🍇U🍇🍇R🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arkstfan said:

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!

So much for the SMU block theory.

It’s been zero secret that Sun Belt and USM and Marshall have been talking for months. They’ve got their landing spot. Question is does anyone else in CUSA have a landing spot.

Do you think y'all throw a lifeline out to UTEP?   Do you think LATech would accept an invite with LAMo down the road?    What if MT & WKU come back hat in hand?   
I really think after after NT, UAB, Rice, UTSA & FAU (I guess) leave C- USA, SBC is obviously the better conference.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arkstfan said:

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!

So much for the SMU block theory.

It’s been zero secret that Sun Belt and USM and Marshall have been talking for months. They’ve got their landing spot. Question is does anyone else in CUSA have a landing spot.

Thanks Arkstfan!  

I think AAC Commissioner Aresco thought the MWC was going to invade his Texas territory & that forced his hand. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Do you think y'all throw a lifeline out to UTEP?   Do you think LATech would accept an invite with LAMo down the road?    What if MT & WKU come back hat in hand?   
I really think after after NT, UAB, Rice, UTSA & FAU (I guess) leave C- USA, SBC is obviously the better conference.

Everything I hear, 12 is our number.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Thanks Arkstfan!  

I think AAC Commissioner Aresco thought the MWC was going to invade his Texas territory & that forced his hand. 

Harry and I talked about this. There is speculation that the AAC plan was four leaving out UNT and Rice and Thompson was talking and letting it be known in the right circles but left out that he didn’t have the 8 votes to add but it panicked AAC into acting. 

Fun story even if it doesn’t pan out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1