Last minute SMU led pustch to disavow NT from the AAC

Tom McKrackin

I have it from a very good source who is a season ticket holder at SMUt that there is a last minute uprising of their big money donors to force Rick Hart the SMU AD to disavow NT from joining their conference.   Please keep Wren and company at the AD in your prayers as they and their lawyers battle to fend off this last minute attack from the Hilltop.  SMU wants nothing to do with NT and I will not believe that we join them in a conference until I see it in writing and duplicate.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • Skeptical Eagle 3
  • Oh Boy! 5
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 8
  • Downvote 3

I expected something like that to happen. It was always clear that once this gets public pushback from donors of the schools already in the AAC was coming. However it seems like the presidents knew this and made sure it was so close to done, that it would happen before the resistance really can get formed. Lets see if they are far enough along for that to be the case.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I have it from a very good source who is a season ticket holder at SMUt that there is a last minute uprising of their big money donors to force Rick Hart the SMU AD to disavow NT from joining their conference.   Please keep Wren and company at the AD in your prayers as they and their lawyers battle to fend off this last minute attack from the Hilltop.  SMU wants nothing to do with NT and I will not believe that we join them in a conference until I see it in writing and duplicate.

Screw them! I think Arresco(SP) has the bigger picture in mind. smut is only looking out for themselves so they can suck it!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 3

I've always said this....I'm sure SMU is a fine institution, has a renowned Law and Business School...But it's the PEOPLE there, the entitlement D-Baggers that ruin their own image.   For F sake they should FIX that....But I digress. 

It doesnt suprise me that they'd put up a fight...Yes - they're D-Bags, I hate em, but lets be honest, they're program's star is WAY on the rise, and we'd trade places with them in a heartbeat I'm sure...   Schools are like competing companies trying to gain customer attention.   If we're in the same conference, theyre going to have to work harder at recruiting, and likewise, so will UNT...  So they're mad....They can get over it...If they're as good as they appear to be, (and regardless of past years, claim their so much more superior of a program, even when they would go 5-7)  then good for them....They can work hard and see if they can jump ship out of the AAC one day.  

Now...Who's ready to buy a billboard ad on 75 Central, close to the Hilltop?

AAC.JPG

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1