Welcome to the AAC!

mustangfan

1 minute ago, DeepGreen said:

How long will it take smu to accept an MWC invite?

I've heard there are talks w/ Memphis but I honestly don't see the advantage to this for SMU.  Why pay the insane AAC exit fees to join the MWC where you'll be taking the TV revenue table scraps left over by Boise?  Travel and logistical nightmares too.  

The best play for SMU is to stay in the AAC and hope for Big 12 expansion round two.  If that doesn't materialize then going independent would be a last resort but the Gerald Ford's and Clark Hunt's of the world would finance that endeavor until the end of time if it was what was best for SMU.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Ha! In my rush to express my discontentment with the Hunts ownership of FCD I forgot Dan is the Hunt that runs the soccer team. 

Hunts out. They have no problem giving Mahomes the largest contract in NFL history but always look for some unknown bottom of the barrel South American player with a history of injuries when it comes to FCD.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Hunts out. They have no problem giving Mahomes the largest contract in NFL history but always look for some unknown bottom of the barrel South American player with a history of injuries when it comes to FCD.

‘Best academy in the league and the worst international scouting department in the league.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Check out the Dodd article I posted. Thompson said tonight that the MWC won't expand, and will stay at 12. We are going to the AAC. Which is a good thing. Lets celebrate 🙂

What do you expect him to say? The MWC does not want to do things in public. I am sure something is going on in the background. 

• Upvote 1

Playing SMUt annually (not ann - never mind) would be a great opportunity for the Mean Green to gauge where they need to be - unless UNT starts winning a few of these contests, it’ll be just like those yearly uncomfortable exams we all hate but know are necessary - have to do it but you would rather pull your eyelashes out. 
 GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1