UNT TO AAC

denton_days

Just now, Green Otaku said:

Same, I can't keep feeling that if we do get into the AAC it will be a replay of CUSA, where we get to the league and all of the teams we wanted to play are gone. MWC is more stable and has a chance of being the best G5 league. 

Boom!  Exactly what I was thinking.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

36 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

UNT, SMU, Rice, UTSA, Tulsa, Navy, & Tulane would make a nice western division. Just wonder how SMU will vote in all of this.

That's a solid division, and with our institutional plusses, we could be very competitive in a few years. Navy might actually consider this, too, because recruiting. As far as how SMU will vote, 

Spoiler

definitely for Rice and UNT, since those two were their idea in the first place.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

I'm still weary if this is true. Let's not get ahead of ourselves until we see something more substantial. If you think about it adding 3 more Texas teams seems like a big question mark. 

It’s a good move for the AAC if, and only if, they believe the MWC may want to get into Texas.  This move removes DFW, Houston, and San Antonio from their options.  

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

It’s a good move for the AAC if, and only if, they believe the MWC may want to get into Texas.  This move removes DFW, Houston, and San Antonio from their options.  

Absolutely, this is a pre-emptive strike, but not just on the MWC. AAC West teams were worried that a combination of CUSA and Sun Belt teams could overtake them as well. This eliminates that concern, while managing to keep toeholds in Houston and Florida, and actually expanding the league's presence in Dallas.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

Typical NT fan base reaction this is too good to be true.  All the good teams will leave, and the AAC will add UTEP, ULaLa, ULM, Nicholls St, Incarnate Word, Tarlington St, and Texas A&M Commerce & Corpus Christi.  

Having said that I am right there with you, waiting for something official before I get too excited.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

What happens to CUSA blue bloods like Marshall and USM? Stuck in CUSA purgatory forever with Liberty and NM State?

2 options for them. Reload with FCS schools like Liberty, JMU, Missouri St., or add in NMSU just to keep the conference alive. Or just disband and head to the SBC, they would have some nice divisions and have a good geographic fit. LA Tech I could see going independent as I don't see them wanting to be with the UL schools.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

WHERE ARE THE WREN BAKER HATERS LINE THEM UP SINGLE FILE SO I CAN LAUGH IN THEIR FACES INDIVIDUALLY

I don't hate Wren, but a deal is not done until it is, and this deal is not done yet. If it happens, great, but I will be amazed that SMU is in agreement with including us as we bring no new market to the table and have a sorry football program.

• Thanks 1