UNT TO AAC

denton_days

5 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

SMU doesn't have to approve jack. It doesn't require unanimous approval.

We are in violent agreement! This will be the best conference we have ever been a member of. Please excuse my caution as my hopes for our athletic program and its conference membership have been dashed before. I just can't believe that the ACC would add another team in the Metroplex, but as I look out my window hell is beginning to freeze over.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

This thing isn't official yet. Baker has been a good AD in almost every respect. My issue has always and only been his handling of the Littrell situation.

Once again, I said it last night. There was no reason not to extend SL after 2018. You cant fire him in 2019. 2020 was a covid year and we made a bowl and had an NFL ready wide reciever. There hasn't been an adequate window to let him go until now. Be patient. 

• Upvote 8
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel like Charlie Brown looking at that football held by Lucy.  Remember when we were all so excited to join CUSA, only to have it not really be CUSA by the time we got there?  Don't get me wrong, this is a -good- move (if true), but I don't trust our luck.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

More confirmation... The American is looking to lock the MWC out of Texas.

https://twitter.com/chrisvannini/status/1450242624405786624?s=21

Do you guys not realize what this means?!?!?

The bidding war for UNT is about to begin!!!!

This leaked news will no doubt make its way to Craig Thompson’s desk.   If MWC wants into Texas, they’re gonna have to act quickly and kick NT a sweet deal, before this AAC move shakes out!!!

The move to the AAC is not guaranteed!   I bet something like this leaks out from the MWC by Friday targeting NT & UTSA!

Exciting times for our beloved Mean Green!

Just fire Littrell already so we can be even more excited!

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2