UNT TO AAC

denton_days

I don't think anyone here has noticed some hidden details. What's worrying is if this isn't some typo/wrong info adding 6 would mean the AAC loses 2 more? So they are losing Memphis/USF/SMU or someone else? And who's to say it's to the Big12? 

*edit* apologies I thought the AAC had 10 teams, I didn't realize they had 8. 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Green Otaku said:

I don't think anyone here has noticed some hidden details here. What's worrying is if this isn't some typo/wrong info adding 6 would mean the AAC loses 2 more? So they are losing Memphis/USF/SMU or someone else? And who's to say it's to the Big12? 

They have to be losing Wichita State, or the basketball numbers would be different. My guess is SMU is moving too. Can't see us getting in any other way.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

They have to be losing Wichita State, or the basketball numbers would be different. My guess is SMU is moving too. Can't see us getting in any other way.

Whoops, that's actually a mistake on my part. I thought they had 10 teams left, not 8. So for FB that would make 14. 

But I do think we have to be weary of more teams leaving the AAC. It seems like Memphis and 1 other are surely gone of the Big12 wants to take more teams. I don't see where else they can really draw from. Maybe Boise St. 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Whoops, that's actually a mistake on my part. I thought they had 10 teams left, not 8. So for FB that would make 14 and they were losing more. 

But I do think we have to be weary of more teams leaving the AAC. It seems like Memphis and 1 other are surely gone of the Big12 wants to take more teams. I don't see where else they can really draw from. Maybe Boise St. 

Would think Boise, if not then USF, but I think it will be Boise to pair up with BYU in the West. Could SMU be talking to the MWC?

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Would thin Boise, if not then USF, but I think it will be Boise to pair up with BYU in the West. Could SMU be talking to the MWC?

I can see Boise for the reasons you said. As far as SMU maybe, but it doesn't make sense for them to pay 10 million, plus entrance fees to the MWC, and go to a league with a similar payout.  They would also be moving away from their small private peers like Tulane and Tulsa. 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Udomann said:

So... AAC poaches Cusa.

MWC is forced to poach sunbelt.

Does MAC absorb the remainder or do old CUSA and sunbelt combine to round out the new G4

Crazy and exciting times

If, and I am a Pro MWC fan, I think they look at UTEP and perhaps work with a couple of FCS schools

• Upvote 3