Pulmonary Embolism from COVID

Hey y'all! First of all, if this kind of post is not allowed (didn't see anything in the rules) then please please PLEASE don't hesitate to take it down.

For those of you who don't know me personally, my name is Carter. I graduated from UNT B.A. class of Dec '19. Over the summer I was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism. Early diagnosis believes it is from COVID, because 24 year old guys don't get pulmonary embolisms rarely ever. I have started a gofundme if anyone wants to help me get rid of my medical bills. I live on my own, have a dog, and work full time, but I was completely blindsided by these medical problems this summer. Because of blood clotting in my lungs, I've had a lot of physical and neurological issues the last few months that have been really hard to keep up with and combat. Since June, I've had an MRI, two CT scans, multiple rounds of blood work, an echocardiogram, and other assorted medical treatment to make sure my blood is flowing properly.

I do not expect, nor am I directly asking for help. Even keeping me in your well wishes or prayers means the world. I love the UNT family a lot and just figured this was worth dropping in here. But I am dropping a gofundme link below if anyone wishes to contribute.

I am expected to make a full recovery, but I'm still on blood thinners and getting medical treatment to get my blood back to normal. I'm very fresh out of UNT and still trying to navigate my way into the "real world" with my job, and any financial help will help me get through a stressful holiday season by helping me get rid of medical bills in the thousands of dollars. 

I am a very humble person and hate to ask for help, so if this kind of post is not welcome in these forums please, again, feel free to let me know. As I said, even just keeping me in your well wishes is more help than y'all will ever know. I've been pretty active on this site for a few years now and my UNT fandom and love for UNT/Mean Green alums are a huge part of what have helped me get through the last few months. Thanks a million. 

https://gofund.me/76dbf192

Edited by WanderingEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2