Biggest Issues

UNTLifer

23 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

We’re still on this?

Kansas State was never a thing, just a stunt to get the extension, which he got. The loss of Graham Harrell, and really his beginning coaching staff is what showed that he isn’t the greatest of coaches. Bad hires as well.

Flat out not true. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I dunno...  Unless he gets an offer from a P5 school, which he certainly could, I think NT would be a perfect G5 for him to start his HC career.   
There would be literally ZERO immediate expectations on him here because we'll be coming off a 1-11 season.  Remember how low our bars were for Littrell when he took over?   And how we were all ecstatic when he somehow won 5?   He'd inherit the top C-USA recruiting classes of 2018 & '19, and they'd be hungry to prove themselves after such a disastrous past 3 seasons.   If I'm Lebby, and I don't get the P5 calls I'm expecting, I'm listening to North Texas.

That’s the thing. Many lower P5 schools are gonna have openings, and the way he’s developed and transformed that Ole Miss offense is almost a shoe in for a HC job. Don’t get me wrong, I would absolutely love him here and started a whole 6 page thread about that he should be the top candidate, but I feel like it would be hard to match a contract he would want

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Don't get in the way of any attempt by Emmit, direct or indirect, to glorify Bean.

You, and many, STILL miss the point.  I let go of caring about Jason Bean last year (note that I didn’t start the KU threads designed specifically to shit on a kid no longer enrolled here).  I made no mention of Jason Bean in this thread.  

Jason Bean couldn’t lead this team does not equal Aune could.  Jace Ruder isn’t what we hoped does not equal Aune is.  

The only “obsession” still alive when it comes to our quarterbacks is the obsession with twisting ourselves into knots trying to make a career backup a decent D1 starter…because admitting otherwise means we have to stop pretending he’s been overlooked and have to start admitting he wasn’t a better option than the other subpar options we’ve trotted out.  

But it’s easier to pretend my (proven over several seasons of in-game production) criticisms of Aune are due to a love affair with a kid that doesn’t even attend our university.   

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Show me evidence of where he was offered 

Are you wanting to see a contract or something?   
I think some good evidence was the dozen or so KSSt fans who decided to come on GMG.com and tell us about the negotiations and how close they actually were.   Why would these guys care to do that if there were no smoke to that fire?    Not to mention several mentions from actual reporters about the negotiations.

I honestly think Littrell thought he could back out of those KSSt negotiations because he probably felt like he could do even better after 2019.  In the meantime, sic 'em (Wren & Neal), Jimmy.   Boy was he wrong, and Wren & Neal are left holding the bag.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Are you wanting to see a contract or something?   
I think some good evidence was the dozen or so KSSt fans who decided to come on GMG.com and tell us about the negotiations and how close they actually were.   Why would these guys care to do that if there were no smoke to that fire?    Not to mention several mentions from actual reporters about the negotiations.

I honestly think Littrell thought he could back out of those KSSt negotiations because he probably felt like he could do even better after 2019.  In the meantime, sic 'em (Wren & Neal), Jimmy.   Boy was he wrong, and Wren & Neal are left holding the bag.

EXACTLY! When KSU wasn't giving Seth the terms he wanted, he walked away thinking we'd win another 9 games in 2019, which would lead to better offers. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drex said:

Excellent analysis by all.  Kansas State debacle ruined Seth for the rest of his career.

You’re absolutely correct. It’s the June Jones Curse. What Littrell did was sell his integrity for money. Never again could he refer to the team as family. Never again would he be trusted as one of us.  He ruined a great opportunity for himself for lack of patience and greed. And he destroyed a program that not only reached out to him with open arms but  at the most critical time of the program’s existence. SIX YEARS WASTED. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

Every point here can be boiled down to a single ingredient: Lack of leadership

Mumbles may be a great offensive mind, but he does not put off a leadership vibe from any perspective that we fans can tell.

QB: we keep playing the switch game on QB so no one is ever the leader of the team in the way that Mason was

Offense/Defense coaches: No leaders here after Graham, and possibly Bennet. We'll see

We have no identity because everything is so fluid that we can't find it. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

You, and many, STILL miss the point.  I let go of caring about Jason Bean last year (note that I didn’t start the KU threads designed specifically to shit on a kid no longer enrolled here).  I made no mention of Jason Bean in this thread.  

Jason Bean couldn’t lead this team does not equal Aune could.  Jace Ruder isn’t what we hoped does not equal Aune is.  

The only “obsession” still alive when it comes to our quarterbacks is the obsession with twisting ourselves into knots trying to make a career backup a decent D1 starter…because admitting otherwise means we have to stop pretending he’s been overlooked and have to start admitting he wasn’t a better option than the other subpar options we’ve trotted out.  

But it’s easier to pretend my (proven over several seasons of in-game production) criticisms of Aune are due to a love affair with a kid that doesn’t even attend our university.   

Just ribbing ya.  Sorry, at one point you spent a lot of time praising Bean.