A Little Birdie Shared Something Concerning

UNTLifer

I recently heard that North Texas does not conduct official visits during the season.  I am not doubting the person I heard this from, but this was surprising to say the least. If so, this is not good and will hurt our efforts.  Why would we not?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I recently heard that North Texas does not conduct official visits during the season.  I am not doubting the person I heard this from, but this was surprising to say the least. If so, this is not good and will hurt our efforts.  Why would we not?

Is this not normal?   Are other schools having Official visits during the football season?

I'm not plugged into recruiting like @TheReal_jayD, but I don't know that it would make much sense to have Official visits during the football season, unless it's a bye week.   

The football players need to focus on the game during the weekends, whereas an Official visit means pairing a prospect with a current player and letting them show the recruit around for a weekend.   This seems like something we'd rather do during the offseason.

I've seen a ton of recruits at the games though, I guess on Unofficial visits.

• Upvote 4

They want to keep the potential recruits as far away from seeing them play as possible. 

Plus a crowd of a few thousand is not going to inspire a lot of commitments. 

Unofficial visits accomplish the same thing and it allows recruits to save their official visits for places that are more difficult to get to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3