DRC Sunday column: Issues with discipline in loss to Marshall raise question -- Is Littrell's message to players getting through?

Brett Vito

At this point I do not understand why we have not seen one of these  Quarterbacks.

1. Bryce Drummond ( He can play in 4 games and still be redshirted, so get some experience)

2. Kason Martin ( Think he has earned a chance the past years)

3. Amani Gilmore ( was a SEC recruit, so why not give a chance)

At this point I think anyone one the roster should be given a chance to play.  Both the QB we have played so far have shown they can not perform consistently.  Lets see if we can find one that can.

Edited by dml7007
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, dml7007 said:

At this point I do not understand why we have not seen one of these  Quarterbacks.

1. Bryce Drummond ( He can play in 4 games and still be redshirted, so get some experience)

2. Kason Martin ( Think he has earned a chance the past years)

3. Amani Gilmore ( was a SEC recruit, so why not give a chance)

At this point I think anyone one the roster should be given a chance to play.  Both the QB we have played so far have shown they can not perform consistently.  Lets see if we can find one that can.

Idk that I want this coaching staff running any new QBs out there. I’m afraid they might ruin them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Stop trying to get new results from the same ol' habits.

It’s one thing to be saying that stuff during press conferences and interviews (very annoying as a fan) but if this is the message he is giving to his team, his coaches, and his superiors then Wren really does need to make the move in-season.

We talk a lot about how important it is to start winning ASAP with major conference re-alignment looming, well even if it’s a new coach, a large portion of this roster is going to be needed to make that happen. This team and players need a new message and that shouldn’t wait to come until after Littrell is fired.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

It’s one thing to be saying that stuff during press conferences and interviews (very annoying as a fan) but if this is the message he is giving to his team, his coaches, and his superiors then Wren really does need to make the move in-season.

We talk a lot about how important it is to start winning ASAP with major conference re-alignment looming, well even if it’s a new coach, a large portion of this roster is going to be needed to make that happen. This team and players need a new message and that shouldn’t wait to come until after Littrell is fired.

I  absolutely agree.
That same old message reminds me of Charlie Brown's teachers, "Wah wah woh wah wah" .