Coach O is available

MeanGreen_MBA

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

But it was reported that, or implied, that matters were ignored or swept under the rug.  True or not, I have no idea. It boils down to hearsay. 

Of course it does, just like Eric Clapton is all of a sudden a racist. The media rules and facts are secondary to sensationalism.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

My fear is that at some point, Phil Bennett gets the interim tag, gets some wins like Chico did, then Wren hires him permanently.

Phil Bennett has been a decent to good DC in his career…and one of the single worst head coaches in CFB history.

You’re underestimating Baker’s understanding & financial backing.

This is “old Denton” thinking.

Dont worry.  That scenario would never unfold for 2 reasons:

1.  Bennett is here to help out Littrell.  Littrell leaves, he’s likely gone too after the season is over.

2.  Baker knows he can hire way better.

• Upvote 3

If he wants to stay in football, Coach O's upside will be as a defensive coordinator. Setting aside his football coaching, the dude's a walking trainwreck.

He won a national championship with a bunch of guys Les Miles and his staff recruited, then a bunch of those guys and some key assistants left, and LSU's not only been on the struggle bus, but every time they turn around the last two years, there's another story about Coach O covering for one of his players' criminal activities or players coloring outside the lines with a wealthy booster, and who can forget Odell Beckham Jr. literally giving dudes money on the field after the 2019 national championship.

Reading the comments above, I can tell some of y'all are willing to play fast and loose on these things, but rest assured the AD, President, and Regents aren't willing to play it fast and loose. There's a nice-sized list of candidates we could consider before him that don't come with his baggage.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Coach O is getting paid $17 million to sit on his butt. Not bad at all. A fired college football coach is still one of the best gigs you can find.

16.9 million buy out...guess LSU "ain't worried bout no stinkin money". It's all over Louisiana!

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Please, no. This is a Cajun Dan McCarney. 

I was thinking this, too.

O has told the media he plans on taking the year off.  The guy has a national title under his belt, and now wants a break.  This screams (possibility, not certainty) of a guy who has his achievement medals and might hit cruise control when he gets back into the swing of things.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I was thinking this, too.

O has told the media he plans on taking the year off.  The guy has a national title under his belt, and now wants a break.  This screams (possibility, not certainty) of a guy who has his achievement medals and might hit cruise control when he gets back into the swing of things.

I did find it interesting that in his buyout contract he must make one appearance at LSU things a year for the next 4 years as directed by LSU staff. If I'm him, I go to the SEC Network and just let that money come in 

• Upvote 2

60 years old with $17 million in the bank.  Can't imagine there is much fire in there to prove oneself.  I would be playing golf and fishing.  He would be great in a studio job but nobody would be able to understand a word he said.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

UTSA started their program about 10 years ago with a coach with a National Championship ring,  Larry Coker.   We have been chasing them ever since.  

Are you serious? Coker and Frank Wilson have both been fired as was McCarney and will be Littrell. The only time we’ve been chasing them is with their present coach. The rest of the time we’ve spent playing spoiler to each other.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Haha I like that. His voice is one of his biggest draws. If you’ve ever listened to the callers on Paul Finebaum’s show you know Coach O will fit right in at the SEC network.

I retract my argument.  You're probably right. 
I forget the vast majority of SEC fans are Larry from Shelby, AL.  🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, ADLER said:

Well, some idiot created this fake Twitter post

I'm the idiot who created this and I'm going to assume you have an issue with a moderator and that your comments were directed at them.  I would say you owe them an apology but I have a sneaky suspicion that's probably not in the cards.

By the way, I see you've made over 4k posts on here (well done!) but apparently no one's told you that sometimes you have to back a page or two to better understand the context with which a post was made.  Accompanying the picture, for you know context, I wrote  "Just for fun on Sunday Funday!"   You may not understand what that phrase means precisely, and that's ok, we can't know it all.   Roughly translated however, it means that these pictures are just for fun on Sunday Funday.

I can't get too upset when someone doesn't know something, that would be like getting mad a blind dog for sh*****g in the house, poor thing just can't help it sometimes.  Or like how right now I know there's a word for when someone doesn't know something, but seem to be drawing blank.

One more thing, if something I post triggers you, just keep scrolling.  The only thing I would ever intend to trigger is Mean Green Pride!  Now, I know these are tough times all around and perhaps the current situation with UNT Football has been exasperating for you, maybe even put you over the edge.  If this is the case, know that ultimately, we are all one big Mean Green Family, and help is available for you, we will all support you, you don't have to suffer alone.  I would offer my help but I have a few classes left to complete my PsyD (that's a Doctor of Psychology) degree and it would be unethical for me to do so at the moment. 

TIA

PS: Sorry for the humble brag there at the end, if higher eduction triggers anyone, keep scrolling and Go Mean Green!

Edited by Pseudo Nym
Grammar
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, greenjoe said:

UTSA started their program about 10 years ago with a coach with a National Championship ring,  Larry Coker.   We have been chasing them ever since.  

They've had a couple of good years (in football) and all of a sudden we have been chasing them the whole time eventhough we have more money, better facilities, and better sports programs other than football? Yes, our football team blows but we still have it better than them.