Coach O is available

MeanGreen_MBA

I don’t want him, but I believe this is the way we should handle it with Seth.  “Mutually agree” to treat him with respect and let him finish the season.  We don’t really have an assistant that would be a great fit to take over if he’s just out the door mid season.  But announcing now gives us a head start to finding the best available that we’ll have to wait to hire until the season is over anyway. 

8417A435-5087-4FBF-8A59-C2E9D5CC59E8.jpeg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

We don’t really have an assistant that would be a great fit to take over if he’s just out the door mid season.

I think Bennett would be perfectly okay as an interim.  I would not like him at all as a permanent hire.

All we really need right now is someone who can tidy up the mess, tell these athletes we love them and will fight with them, then prep for 2022.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

I don’t want him, but I believe this is the way we should handle it with Seth.  “Mutually agree” to treat him with respect and let him finish the season.  We don’t really have an assistant that would be a great fit to take over if he’s just out the door mid season.  But announcing now gives us a head start to finding the best available that we’ll have to wait to hire until the season is over anyway. 

8417A435-5087-4FBF-8A59-C2E9D5CC59E8.jpeg

This guy has been successful because he has been the king (grew up in Louisiana, played football in Louisiana, and coached in Lousiana.)  of Louisiana. I doubt if Texas would take to him very well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

This guy has been successful because he has been the king (grew up in Louisiana, played football in Louisiana, and coached in Lousiana.)  of Louisiana. I doubt if Texas would take to him very well.

Maybe if Napier takes another job he could take over at Louisiana 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

I think Bennett would be perfectly okay as an interim.  I would not like him at all as a permanent hire.

All we really need right now is someone who can tidy up the mess, tell these athletes we love them and will fight with them, then prep for 2022.

My fear is that at some point, Phil Bennett gets the interim tag, gets some wins like Chico did, then Wren hires him permanently.

Phil Bennett has been a decent to good DC in his career…and one of the single worst head coaches in CFB history.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’d still take Art Briles and all his headaches over coach O.  Briles has shown he can win at all levels. Coach O hasn’t seen the lockerroom of a non-P5 program in almost 30 years.

Neither will ever coach here because of their issues with rapists on their team…never will play here in Denton

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

My fear is that at some point, Phil Bennett gets the interim tag, gets some wins like Chico did, then Wren hires him permanently.

Phil Bennett has been a decent to good DC in his career…and one of the single worst head coaches in CFB history.

I'm not sure PB would want to be a full time HC. He's already supercommuting for only 4 days a week from College Station where he lives. I don't think he'd have any interest.

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

No reason for this scenario to be allowed. Simple solution is, a mutual up-front agreement that no consideration will be given for the permanent position.

Edited by greenminer

On 10/17/2021 at 3:40 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That's unfair. Unless of course known beaters were hired, kept, or allowed to stay on a team as a player. I know none of that happening. 

I’m not familiar with that at Baylor either. A lot of assuming goes on but as far as I am aware, no single rapist was allowed to play for Baylor once  Art Briles was made aware.

Find verifiable real facts that indicate otherwise

Edited by Cr1028
Thanks Adler
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Just for fun on Sunday Funday!

EOBB.jpg

EOBBSL.jpg

Not going to lie, I legit thought that was Dan Mccarney in the second photo. That automatically triggers my “oh hell naw” reflex. 

he’s moving into has been territory. Only reason he’d come here is waiting out retirement…big no for me

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m not familiar with that at Baylor either. Alot of assuming goes on but as far as I am aware, no single rapist was allowed to play for Baylor once  Art Briles was made aware.

Find verifiable real facts that indicate otherwise

But it was reported that, or implied, that matters were ignored or swept under the rug.  True or not, I have no idea. It boils down to hearsay. 

• Thanks 1