Meanwhile in San Antonio

untjim1995

13 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

Do you see another win on the schedule, let alone 3?

The only three possible or probable wins left for us are Rice, FIU, and USM.

Rice is possible, not probable.

FIU and USM are probable, and I think FIU is our best shot at a win.

I think the bigger issue here is that it’s very probable we’re going to get absolutely thumped by Liberty, UTEP, and UTSA. UTEP and UTSA thumping us ought to be as clear a message as can be sent from the field about the direction of this program to our leadership and The 17. You know who else will get that message? The MWC and AAC.

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

The only three possible or probable wins left for us are Rice, FIU, and USM.

Rice is possible, not probable.

FIU and USM are probable, and I think FIU is our best shot at a win.

I think the bigger issue here is that it’s very probable we’re going to get absolutely thumped by Liberty, UTEP, and UTSA. UTEP and UTSA thumping us ought to be as clear a message as can be sent from the field about the direction of this program to our leadership and The 17. You know who else will get that message? The MWC and AAC.

Liberty, UTEP, and NutsaCK will thump us. Marshall is having a rough year, and we saw how that turned out. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Liberty, UTEP, and NutsaCK will thump us. Marshall is having a rough year, and we saw how that turned out. 

FIU and USM are legit bad teams, definitely worse than Marshall. Sadly, FIU is the closest comp to UNT at this point in the season in CUSA, so one legit bad team will have to win that matchup. Rice is bad, but they are likely better than we are.

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Your telling me you would not want Holtz? You can look at what he has done and then say he is not a good coach? 

No. Just stating that any coach will pursue will have bad loses on their record. We can't just look at one or two years of work. I think Holtz has done a good job at Tech.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

If that happens, the whole place needs to be cleaned out. Top to bottom. 

Agreed—actually that would probably be the giving up point for me. Never thought I’d ever say this, but that would be it. 

We can’t want to win more than the administration. It’s been that way before, but I’ve given them the chance to show something to us after they built Apogee and raised the salary of the head coach. Benford almost made me quit, but I gave Wren time to find a guy he felt good with and he got us Grant. But this next decision is my personal line in the sand for my UNT fandom.

Edited by untjim1995

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Agreed—actually that would probably be the giving up point for me. Never thought I’d ever say this, but that would be it. 

We can’t want to win more than the administration. It’s been that way before, but I’ve given them the chance to show something to us after they built Apogee and raised the salary of the head coach. Benford almost made me quit, but I gave Wren time to find a guy he felt good with and he got us Grant. But this next decision is my personal line in the sand for my UNT fandom.

Please don't walk away....

We need everyone. Make your anger known loud and clear, but please don't leave. Be a thorn in their sides, but please don't quit. We can and will outlast all of the people currently at UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Please don't walk away....

We need everyone. Make your anger known loud and clear, but please don't leave. Be a thorn in their sides, but please don't quit. We can and will outlast all of the people currently at UNT.

My attitude/policy ALWAYS.  Don't let them discourage you enough to walk away. Because if you do, their job is a little easier., It's YOUR SCHOOL not theirs. Stick around and make their life miserable.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1