Meanwhile in San Antonio

untjim1995

10 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

All of this just makes Wren look worse. UTSA has nothing (facilities, finances, tradition,...), but what they have is now more than what UNT has. Thanks Baker. You are leading UNT straight into the ground.

I upvoted you on this because you’re right about UTSA…but I don’t blame this on Wren pounding it into the ground. He just can’t get the program to gain any traction. I hope he can buy him out and get his guy in here. But I am also of the belief that the UNT 17 might be so enamored with SL that he can’t fire him without the funds.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I upvoted you on this because you’re right about UTSA…but I don’t blame this on Wren pounding it into the ground. He just can’t get the program to gain any traction. I hope he can buy him out and get his guy in here. But I am also of the belief that the UNT 17 might be so enamored with SL that he can’t fire him without the funds.

If our big money donors won't step up, than the university has to step up with the money. It can't go on any longer.

58 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Times have changed. The university has to make it happen regardless of what the big donors want. This is bigger than any donor or fan.

Let’s hope so…I think the only way this has any chance of happening is for us to win less than 4 games this season. I’ve been of the belief that these first 7 games, save for the opener against FCS spare, are not really what SL is being judged on. It’s these last five games, even though UTSA will crush us here. If he gets to 4, I think he will stay, sadly.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

Let’s hope so…I think the only way this has any chance of happening is for us to win less than 4 games this season. I’ve been of the belief that these first 7 games, save for the opener against FCS spare, are not really what SL is being judged on. It’s these last five games, even thought UTSA will crush us here. If he gets to 4, I think he will stay, sadly.

The BOR should be holding an emergency meeting on Monday to cough up however much money it will take to fire Littrell before the end of Monday. I don't care if the BOR tells Wren he just lost $3 million from next year's athletic budget. If Smat and Wren aren't arranging this now, than they are failing us. If some of the big donors want to kick in, that would be great too.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Let’s hope so…I think the only way this has any chance of happening is for us to win less than 4 games this season. I’ve been of the belief that these first 7 games, save for the opener against FCS spare, are not really what SL is being judged on. It’s these last five games, even though UTSA will crush us here. If he gets to 4, I think he will stay, sadly.

Do you see another win on the schedule, let alone 3?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

Do you see another win on the schedule, let alone 3?

I don’t know, just being honest. Rice, USM, and FIU are all terrible, too. Rice is 2-4, the other two are 1-5, like us. 

Im hopeful that we won’t. We need to lose as many as we can to get everyone’s attention that has any say on this buyout decision. I hate to say it, but it’s the only hope. SL coaches now like he knows a P5 OC job will be his soon, so we might as well let his go find that new job.

13 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Although you are speculating, if indeed true, I would love to know why.