Attendance at Liberty?

Side.Show.Joe

I love UNT football, but I cannot and will not be at the Liberty game if Littrell is allowed to step out on our sideline as the head coach. If Littrell is still our coach next Saturday, I'll be watching from home. This must end now.

Who is still planning to attend? Who expects a coaching change before they will show up again? Who needs to be fired at this point?

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

21 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I love UNT football, but I cannot and will not be at the Liberty game if Littrell is allowed to step out on our sideline as the head coach. If Littrell is still our coach next Saturday, I'll be watching from home. This must end now.

Who is still planning to attend? Who expects a coaching change before they will show up again? Who needs to be fired at this point?

SL should be fired now. However, I do not see him being fired during the season. I hope I am wrong.

WB extended the contract. Make no mistake, NS signed off before it was presented to the Board of Regents. Both are culpable for this shit show.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Why donors would want to pay off the contract of someone's stupidity is beyond me. With that said, I hope something can be done sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

The lady wants us to go to Austin to meet friends for the Formula 1 USGP on Saturday... I haven't said no to the idea of missing it at this point.  😔

I've had this weekend blocked off for the USGP all year, but my racing plans never materialized. I was torn up about potentially missing the Liberty game, but now it almost feels like a punishment that I'll be in Apogee. 

Have fun in Austin if you end up there! I have been to Indy and NASCAR there but not the USGP, hopefully next year!

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

The lady wants us to go to Austin to meet friends for the Formula 1 USGP on Saturday... I haven't said no to the idea of missing it at this point.  😔

1 hour ago, UNT_FH_FR_YR said:

I've had this weekend blocked off for the USGP all year, but my racing plans never materialized. I was torn up about potentially missing the Liberty game, but now it almost feels like a punishment that I'll be in Apogee. 

Have fun in Austin if you end up there! I have been to Indy and NASCAR there but not the USGP, hopefully next year!

Enjoy thevUS Grand Prix. It may be the last one. They were having trouble renewing the contract. Cheer on Verstappen, Bottas, and Norris for me. 

I'll be at work. At this point, I'm glad I couldn't get off. Its not worth burning vacation hours. 

• Downvote 1

UNT is our school & it’s bigger than any individual or group.  

Attendance says much about a school’s supporters & always has.  I’ll be there. Hope others will be, too.  
No one says you have to stay all 4 quarters.  Hope we have reason to.  
I mean come on, folks, ULM beat Liberty last weekend.

🔻SMU2006, you still upset with me?😇

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'll have 5 or so. Plenty of room in the 110 but if anyone else is in that section, they will be sitting in my seats until I get there. They will protest that their GA tickets allow them to sit there. And I will fire up my phone to show them that the seats they are sitting in really are bought and paid for. I will explain that I have had to have the same conversation for literally every other NT game at Apogee since its opening in 2011. I will tell them I have spoken with the athletic department, tickets sellers and the yellow shirts numerous times to be better about telling GA ticket buyers where they can sit. I will tell them none of those three have been responsive or made any effort to prevent he or she in my seats and I from having to have this discussion. Every game since the stadium opened. 

And the seat squatters will reluctantly go sit in any other of the 19000 or so cheap seats that will be available in the Wing and/or student side.

After that, I will support my team, yelling loudly. And at halftime, when everyone is out of section 110, I will wonder if it was my being loud or the team that chased them off. 

And I will do all of that again for one game in November.

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, Side.Show.Joe said:

I’ll be there supporting the players and coaches that work hard

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I'm standing down. I'll be at the Liberty game. Lets focus on joining the AAC in 2023, and let Wren deal with Littrell on his timetable. We have a positive situation to consume our time now.  🙂

No. Things need to be turned around.  Sucking is still sucking regardless of what conference patch is sewn to our players jerseys.  

• Eye Roll 1