Unfortunate events

NWKGREEN

I know most of you all are done with this team. But Thursday night 19 of their vehicles got all the glass broke out of them. Many had things stolen. I really feel this had a lot to do with last nights performance. You can say why you want, but when you are 19-28 years old and you find out something like this it will affect you.  College says that the families are responsible for all the damage so that puts a bigger burden on these kids. Have a little grace if you would when you are beating these guys up on here this week. Parents do see this shit. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, NWKGREEN said:

I know most of you all are done with this team. But Thursday night 19 of their vehicles got all the glass broke out of them. Many had things stolen. I really feel this had a lot to do with last nights performance. You can say why you want, but when you are 19-28 years old and you find out something like this it will affect you.  College says that the families are responsible for all the damage so that puts a bigger burden on these kids. Have a little grace if you would when you are beating these guys up on here this week. Parents do see this shit. 

That is appalling. In no world should that happen to our players, regardless of our situation. I hope they got it on camera and the police catch whoever is responsible. This horrible situation is just growing worse by the day.

• Upvote 7

31 minutes ago, NWKGREEN said:

Yeah that is terrible. I hope they find the assholes that did this bs. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

I think the anger is aimed at the coaching staff.  

There is about a 0% chance this alleged incident has anything to do with the on field performance. If 19 cars were hit this is a group of criminals that realized all of those cars were sitting there with the owners off-site. 

• Upvote 7

I did not mean it that way, I meant the fans are not angry with he players on the field, just angry with the lousy coaching staff. I have gone to the games to support the players only.    I know a fan did not break their windows that is ridiculous just low life thieves.  The comment was aimed at the first comment about taking it easy on the players this week because of the incident.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think the anger is aimed at the coaching staff.  

It was aimed at the coaching, but now that ship has sailed. The anger is now focused on the leadership for letting it get to this point. People at the athletic department need to answer for this crap. Seth has to go. That isn't even open for debate. Now we need to see which people at the athletic department needs to leave also.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Heads need to roll by next weekend.  It’s preview day for incoming students/applicants.  Liberty is going to beat us no matter what, but we can’t have a team quitting five minutes into the game like the last two home games.  Nothing could possibly turn more people away than a team that quits.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Terrible that it happened but please understand no one here is mad at the players at all.  It Seth we want run out of town.  Preferably soon.  There are good kids and some talent on the squad.

I saw some clown fan of ours in the front row yelling at the players who were on the bench, in the defensive huddle, in the second half. It lasted 5 or 10 minutes and was really embarrassing for an adult to act like that. 

Hopefully he got kicked out.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I saw some clown fan of ours in the front row yelling at the players who were on the bench, in the defensive huddle, in the second half. It lasted 5 or 10 minutes and was really embarrassing for an adult to act like that. 

Hopefully he got kicked out.

@NorthTexasSportsNetwork 👀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Okiefan said:

I would maybe look at some disgruntled ex players. Who else would know where the players parked while staying in the team hotel. 

When I was at UNT, there was a string of car thefts going around town.  Perps would target multiple (10+ cars), one complex at a time.  Me, my roomie, and neighbors were victim to this.  Cops told us it was happening elsewhere.

I wouldn't rule this out, that they weren't targeted.  Just in the wrong place in the wrong time.

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt this has anything to do with the team or the score. This is a thief or thieves that saw an opportunity. We got run out of the stadium by an FCS team that we paid to come here in 2015 and this didn't happen so I highly doubt anyone did this because we got run out of the stadium by an FBS team that was bowl eligible last year. These thieves just chose the right night because maybe they are hoping it will lead the police on a wild goose chase for a disgruntled fan or former player instead of after them

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Venson said:

I highly doubt this has anything to do with the team or the score. This is a thief or thieves that saw an opportunity. We got run out of the stadium by an FCS team that we paid to come here in 2015 and this didn't happen so I highly doubt anyone did this because we got run out of the stadium by an FBS team that was bowl eligible last year. These thieves just chose the right night because maybe they are hoping it will lead the police on a wild goose chase for a disgruntled fan or former player instead of after them

I believe it happened the night before the game, not last night. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Was this at the athletic center or a team hotel? @NWKGREEN

Actually they made them park down by the softball area because they had to let people park in the hood lots for the game. All football players. I didn’t say it was because of their record, I said that could be some of the reason for the bad game. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, NWKGREEN said:

Actually they made them park down by the softball area because they had to let people park in the hood lots for the game. All football players. I didn’t say it was because of their record, I said that could be some of the reason for the bad game. 

11 hours ago, NWKGREEN said:

I really feel this had a lot to do with last nights performance.

Now I get what you are saying however, when you read what you wrote many people will come to the conclusion that the thieves broke into their cars because of last nights performance. I think that is why you are getting the responses that you were getting. Now that you clarified, it makes more sense about their performance. You are trying to play a football game and your mind is on your car being smashed and things stolen the night before. That would be especially hard if they took something that meant the world to them.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1