Well, that was UGLY

CMJ

Living halfway across the country I don't see many games in person.  But I was coming to town since my grandfather is turning 90 this weekend, so it worked out to attend last night.  This is only like the 4th time I've even been to Apogee, so from that standpoint I did have a good time just experiencing game day in Denton.  As far as the contest itself, well that was one of the worst displays I've ever seen.  The complete lack of discipline leading to so many penalties was the most discouraging thing...and that's saying something since it was all discouraging.  The night was summed up by the block in the back on a punt where the returner falls on this face after just fielding the kick with no one around him.  If that isn't vintage North Texas, I don't know what is.  We're gonna be lucky it that doesn't make ESPN's Not Top 10 countdown next week.

The best thing about the game was Boomer scaring the living daylights out of the handful of Marshall fans in our section every time it was fired.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

21 minutes ago, Marty said:

I’ve followed this program since 1974. Seen some good & bad over those years. I’ve always stayed til the bitter end of games just looking for a glimmer of hope. But last night I left midway through the middle of the 3rd quarter. Right now I don’t know if I’ll muster the energy to go to the Liberty game next Saturday. First time in 47 years I’m questioning myself about attending a game.

Bravo to you sir for supporting this program through all these hard times.  Take a break sir and please come back next year. Or if by a miracle they put on a competitive performance at one these road games come back for the home game following it.  And if you meet Mike Jackson at a game mention to me you’re “long suffering” Marty from gmg.com forum and the first drink is on me.  You deserve a break.  And You deserve a competitive football program.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I’ve followed this program since 1974. Seen some good & bad over those years. I’ve always stayed til the bitter end of games just looking for a glimmer of hope. But last night I left midway through the middle of the 3rd quarter. Right now I don’t know if I’ll muster the energy to go to the Liberty game next Saturday. First time in 47 years I’m questioning myself about attending a game.

The less people attend games, the louder the message will be 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

I’m a 20 year season ticket holder who will be on-campus next week for UNT preview day.  My daughter graduates high school this spring.  We will NOT be attending the football game after the event.  I can’t imagine a better way to ruin an otherwise great day.  Maybe we’ll be back for homecoming, but I need a break.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I left at halftime (after the Green Brigade performance) for the first time in years.  The game was B-O-R-I-N-G and I'm old with thin blood so I get cold on a balmy day.  It was truly one-sided in what  should have been an even match.  I'll probably bite the bullet and go see the Liberty game but if I don't see anymore effort than I saw Friday, I may leave early again.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 3