They quit

And the fact that players were talking back to us DOWN 42 is absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely no discipline and they should be ashamed for cussing and talking back to us. We pay the money for part of their scholarships and they can’t take the fact we have no coaching and down 42?? Ridiculous 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

And the fact that players were talking back to us DOWN 42 is absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely no discipline and they should be ashamed for cussing and talking back to us. We pay the money for part of their scholarships and they can’t take the fact we have no coaching and down 42?? Ridiculous 

I must have left before this. What happened???

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rudy said:

I must have left before this. What happened???

Down in 106 row 1 they kept yelling at us and staring at me after I shouted something. They all know who I am but too scared to yell something back directly at me.

Seth has lost the team because this shouldn’t be happening 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 6

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Why would you expect them not to clap back? They are college alpha males. You must’ve never sat in the first 5 rows of the student side.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

Why would you expect them not to clap back? They are college alpha males. You must’ve never sat in the first 5 rows of the student side.

Oh I have and that’s fun, but you’re yelling and harassing the opposite team not your OWN!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

They literally quit tonight, and I hope Seth is fired into the moon tomorrow. He has OFFICIALLY lost the team, and firing him would do so much better.

After watching the first two possessions and having gone backwards due to stupid undisciplined penalties, I QUIT on this team, changed the channel, walked away from the TV and had a drink... it was over before it even started.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Well who was yelling and harassing our own team? Kinda takes the little home field advantage we have away.

They were acting like everything was fine while it was 49-7. I mean I know they have a shit coach but there’s no need to respond to what we are saying. Good teams don’t do that, but of course we are undisciplined and awful so I should’ve expected this

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

32 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No doubt all those guys KNOW they’re better than this, but can’t understand why they’re sucking so bad.   It’s frustrating as heck for them.   I have no idea what you were saying, but the last thing we need to do is take out the frustrations we have with Littrell on the players.  They’re a rudderless ship right now, what do you expect them to do?

Then what do I do? Sit there? Leave? 
Yeah some of those guys are just there, but if I’m sitting in the stands with 8 minutes left down 49, there is no reason to call us “fake fans” or being “negative”

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I heard you almost got tossed last night because you can’t act like an adult, and decided to start yelling and running your mouth at our own team, who are kids that choose to come to our school. If you think they quit, then take your ass home. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 3
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Lippoldt89 said:

I heard you almost got tossed last night because you can’t act like an adult, and decided to start yelling and running your mouth at our own team, who are kids that choose to come to our school. If you think they quit, then take your ass home. 

Your anger is misguided. The players are not beyond being criticized. But, the blame for this mess rest solidly on our leadership for letting it devolve into a total meltdown.

Players come and go over a 4 or 5 year period. Leadership at the athletic department and university will come and go over a decade or so. But, true fans will remain for many decades (50+ years). And, telling them to stay home because feeling are getting hurt, won't fix our problems.

The whole football program quit last night. Now it is time to fire people.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Then what do I do? Sit there? Leave? 
Yeah some of those guys are just there, but if I’m sitting in the stands with 8 minutes left down 49, there is no reason to call us “fake fans” or being “negative”

I have no idea what you were saying, but if you were talking to the players, then that will be interpreted as criticizing them & their efforts & hard work.  Of course they’d take offense!

Players always take on their coach’s energy.  If he’s confident, they will be too, and it will show up on the scoreboard.  If the coach is just going through the motions, saying the same things over & over to the players, that will show up on the scoreboard too.  These guys are a rudderless ship right now.  They don’t deserve the criticism directed at them (well, maybe the hothead Murphy for his undisciplined play, but that’s about it).

I have no doubt these guys are putting in work & havent “checked out”.   They just need someone who can lead them.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I have no idea what you were saying, but if you were talking to the players, then that will be interpreted as criticizing them & their efforts & hard work.  Of course they’d take offense!

Players always take on their coach’s energy.  If he’s confident, they will be too, and it will show up on the scoreboard.  If the coach is just going through the motions, saying the same things over & over to the players, that will show up on the scoreboard too.  These guys are a rudderless ship right now.  They don’t deserve the criticism directed at them (well, maybe the hothead Murphy for his undisciplined play, but that’s about it).

I have no doubt these guys are putting in work & havent “checked out”.   They just need someone who can lead them.

Okay here’s the thing, nothing I said was directed towards them. I know better to say that kind of stuff, but was just saying stuff out loud in general, nothing about someone. When you’re behind the bench, and the score is 49-7, they’re gonna probably be able to hear what we’re saying. I try to be as clean as possible because of kids next to me.
Now I’m not saying this happened last night (because it didn’t) but in the past players on the sideline would be playing around and laughing like we aren’t down by 20+. Happens too often and you blame the coaching staff for lack of discipline.

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Okay here’s the thing, nothing I said was directed towards them. I know better to say that kind of stuff, but was just saying stuff out loud in general, nothing about someone. When you’re behind the bench, and the score is 49-7, they’re gonna probably be able to hear what we’re saying. I try to be as clean as possible because of kids next to me.
Now I’m not saying this happened last night (because it didn’t) but in the past players on the sideline would be playing around and laughing like we aren’t down by 20+. Happens too often and you blame the coaching staff for lack of discipline.

Do you think Littrell is locked-in out there?