The countdown is on

Hunter Green

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

McCarney was let go directly after the game with this same kind of effort.

But that was On Homecoming…against a FCS team…that you paid a lot of money to come here and beat us by 59 points.

Marshall may not be good, but they aren’t a FCS spare from a different time zone…

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NM Green said:

Giving this train wreck a pass because Marshall is a good football program is weak. Maybe if we lost by 3 or 10 but seriously. This tragedy is beyond repair and frankly an embarrassment to the hard earned degrees we earned.

Wren make it happen or resign. We need the strength of this university to show through. GMG

Not giving a pass. Marshall isn’t Portland State on Homecoming. We lost by 28 tonight, not 59…to a FCS spare

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NM Green said:

Giving this train wreck a pass because Marshall is a good football program is weak. Maybe if we lost by 3 or 10 but seriously. This tragedy is beyond repair and frankly an embarrassment to the hard earned degrees we earned.

Wren make it happen or resign. We need the strength of this university to show through. GMG

Whether we lost by 6 or 60, there is ZERO excuse for 163 penalty yards. Someone needs to be held accountable for that.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

I telling you now he will be pacing the sidelines next year and be "fired" after his contract is up.   We have not heard any statements from the AD, Like we stand behind SL (kiss of death statement).   Just silence,  we better hope the BB is a good one to help of us forget the fb season.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I telling you now he will be pacing the sidelines next year and be "fired" after his contract is up.   We have not heard any statements from the AD, Like we stand behind SL (kiss of death statement).   Just silence,  we better hope the BB is a good one to help of us forget the fb season.

That’s i ridiculous  and pure speculation on your part.  We have many donors that could strife a check to pay for Littrell’s buyout my friend.  Believe me they exist.

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

So your speculation is better? I prefer yours but I have feeling we have not seen the last of SL.

Sadly you are probably correct. Even sadder this will probably lead to another generation of Mean Green alumni moving on to support other schools

• Upvote 1

I fear it is end of season. I also wonder what is going on in the back ground. Is NT trying to find exit and entrance fee money for conferences at the same time as this happens? If yes, that at least would be a reason. Other than that, what needs to be done eventually should be done now. But sadly, the Tony Benford experience makes me uncertain that WB needs to be a reason to wait, it is clearly an extremely strong base tendency of his.

The timing of all of this really could not possibly be worse. NT really needs Bball to have an exceptional year, which is unfair on McCasland, as he just had an exceptional year and actually has the right to be somewhat in rebuild mode after losing the vast majority of the leaders of his team to graduation etc. I mean I am sure he will have them very competitive by january at the latest despite the inexperience, but sadly NT as an athletic department really needs them to start stellar right from the get go, to make its own fans and prospective conferences not focus so much on football right when decisions are being taken.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

But that was On Homecoming…against a FCS team…that you paid a lot of money to come here and beat us by 59 points.

Marshall may not be good, but they aren’t a FCS spare from a different time zone…

Not defending the magnitude of the lost at all but Portland State was a very good FCS program at that time.  And traveling west to play an evening game is easier on the cross time zone traveling scale of difficulty.  The west coast team ends up playing closer to a regular home kickoff time.  Portland State was on par with where Sam Houston is today.  And Sam Houston would have kill us today.  They would have brought a couple thousand fans (maybe even their band) and they would been amped to beat us.  So this lost looks better but this team was coached up just as poorly (I lost count of penalties midway through the 2 quarter at about a dozen).  This wasn’t better in any significant way.  

12 hours ago, outoftown said:

I fear it is end of season. I also wonder what is going on in the back ground. Is NT trying to find exit and entrance fee money for conferences at the same time as this happens? If yes, that at least would be a reason. Other than that, what needs to be done eventually should be done now. But sadly, the Tony Benford experience makes me uncertain that WB needs to be a reason to wait, it is clearly an extremely strong base tendency of his.

The timing of all of this really could not possibly be worse. NT really needs Bball to have an exceptional year, which is unfair on McCasland, as he just had an exceptional year and actually has the right to be somewhat in rebuild mode after losing the vast majority of the leaders of his team to graduation etc. I mean I am sure he will have them very competitive by january at the latest despite the inexperience, but sadly NT as an athletic department really needs them to start stellar right from the get go, to make its own fans and prospective conferences not focus so much on football right when decisions are being taken.

Honestly, the 2 funds (SL buyout & Conference buyout/buyin) should be owned by 2 different people.  

SL buyout should be owned by Baker.  Find it, and find it quickly.  
The conference shuffle $ should be owned by Smatresk.  Negotiate the heck out of both amounts, then dig into the University purse to get it.

• Upvote 2