NEVER again

emmitt01

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t want to EVER hear someone again say that “Aune is really a good quarterback.”  

If you compare him to a 85 year old blind man with a bad knee, then I might accept that he should be a backup.  

He’s the best we have right now.  I think he’s a capable QB.   He showed that last year.  Fine spoiled us.  I think he can play better (as can the entire team) under a coaching staff that gives a s***.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

He’s the best we have right now.  I think he’s a capable QB.   He showed that last year.  Fine spoiled us.  I think he can play better (as can the entire team) under a coaching staff that gives a s***.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

No amount of wishing it to be true will make it so.  He has started every season as the backup for a reason.  That reason is that he isn’t good.  

If he’s “The best we have” then we need to go ahead and accept 1-11 right now.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

No amount of wishing it to be true will make it so.  He has started every season as the backup for a reason.  That reason is that he isn’t good.  

If he’s “The best we have” then we need to go ahead and accept 1-11 right now.  

I have already accepted 1-11.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t want to EVER hear someone again say that “Aune is really a good quarterback.”  

If you compare him to a 85 year old blind man with a bad knee, then I might accept that he should be a backup.  

What if you compare him to me?  Then he may look good. Maybe?

Aune had an awful game right after probably his best game at MO.

Of course, Marshall was not going to let him run like he did against Mo.  Problem the passing game was maybe the worse I've seen at NT in a decade.  

Overall NT was dominated.  However, I think there were a few semi-bright spots.   The running game was ok, numbers were piled up after the game was decided; but still the running backs and by extension the run blocking was adequate.

I also thought the run defense was good.  NT's punter should again get the game ball, along with Torrey. 

The complete lack of a passing attack, likewise a totally incapable pass defense plus setting what must be a school record for penalties doomed NT. 

They did show a lot of Littrell on the sideline, he looks like a coach that knows it is over. 

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Aune had an awful game right after probably his best game at MO.

Of course, Marshall was not going to let him run like he did against Mo.  Problem the passing game was maybe the worse I've seen at NT in a decade.  

Overall NT was dominated.  However, I think there were a few semi-bright spots.   The running game was ok, numbers were piled up after the game was decided; but still the running backs and by extension the run blocking was adequate.

I also thought the run defense was good.  NT's punter should again get the game ball, along with Torrey. 

The complete lack of a passing attack, likewise a totally incapable pass defense plus setting what must be a school record for penalties doomed NT. 

They did show a lot of Littrell on the sideline, he looks like a coach that knows it is over. 

Marshall’s interior rushing was going NOWHERE all night.   The interior DLine & KD we’re not having it.  Very impressed with those guys.

• Upvote 1