UNT Football Has Quit on Us

Side.Show.Joe

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

Yeah, I’m at 31 years…neither of us will ever see this place meet our expectations because we expect to support a winner more than the university wants to support a winner. It’s a tough reality.

I'm a stubborn man. UNT will be a winner, but not until we are willing to burn the whole thing down and demand real results. That starts with placing constant pressure on those that have the job of fixing this crap.

I'll be back on here tomorrow and every day until someone does their job and starts firing people. People can down vote it. I don't care. People can bad mouth me. That's fine too. But I will keep speaking the truth. PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED. And the longer it takes to fire people, the more that need to be fired. No one at that athletic department is entitled to their job.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

2 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I'm a stubborn man. UNT will be a winner, but not until we are willing to burn the whole thing down and demand real results. That starts with placing constant pressure on those that have the job of fixing this crap.

I'll be back on here tomorrow and every day until someone does their job and starts firing people. People can down vote it. I don't care. People can bad mouth me. That's fine too. But I will keep speaking the truth. PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED. And the longer it takes to fire people, the more that need to be fired. No one at that athletic department is entitled to their job.

Agreed

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Perception of UNT across the state/tri state region by others.  Which is here nor there.  We just made the wrong hire with Seth.  And, in retrospect, the high dollar extension was foolish.  Now we’re stuck.

We are not stuck. UNT is choosing to be stuck. And that is coming back to bit them. The longer they drag this out the more people in the athletic department that will have to answer for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

46 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

They are currently stuck between SL costing them $2.6 million to get rid of or bringing him back to save at least $1.3 million. I believe that is why SL knows he needs 4 wins and he will put all of his efforts into winning games in the last 5. The Lovelaces are the monied alums that love SL. From all accounts, Wren loves SL. Same with Smatresk. Money is not in big supply around here. They don’t want to spend it if they can avoid it at all costs. But under 4 wins is probably what does it for SL’s tenure here. Sadly, we ought to hope for that.

If these people choose to put a personal friendship above the University we might be screwed. But don't ask the alumni to support "your school" if you are not going to do the same.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

None of that matters. Littrell has to be fired. I love my mother, but I'd fire her in a heartbeat if she ran our program like Littrell runs it. This can't be personal. It's business. The Lovelaces, Wren, Smat, and any other influential people need to stand aside and let the university do what has to be done. It must end now, because it is all coming down.

IF there is a problem, this is it.   This is THE ONLY problem.  SL is more than just NT’s football coach to these folks.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

IF there is a problem, this is it.   This is THE ONLY problem.  SL is more than just NT’s football coach to these folks.

Agreed.

I'm done. It is a scorched earth campaign from this day forward. I'll be more outspoken than you have ever seen before. I'm sick of this mess. I will call out anyone that is part of the problem. I do not care what it costs. I don't care if everyone at that athletic department hates me. Those people need to do their jobs. People need to be fired and soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

A birdie told me tonight that when the move to fire DMac was determined, it took half an hour to find the money from three donors. If that's true, it gives me hope. The money IS there. It's just a matter of reaching that point with the people that are footing the bill.  It leaked before the Portland St game that McCarney was gone. So maybe the decision has been made, but it's just a matter of getting the donors on board. 

The money is there, we just don't know if the holdup is Wren, donors, BoR, Neal, etc. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

Just now, Side.Show.Joe said:

Agreed.

I'm done. It is a scorched earth campaign from this day forward. I'll be more outspoken than you have ever seen before. I'm sick of this mess. I will call out anyone that is part of the problem. I do not care what it costs. I don't care if everyone at that athletic department hates me. Those people need to do their jobs. People need to be fired and soon.

Agree, but man if you piss these folks off, you’re losing a ton of funds.   If they’re standing in the way, dangling a $ carrot over Wren…. Man, I don’t envy him at all.  I believe in my heart Wren saw past this problem & found it elsewhere though.  He had to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Rudy said:

A birdie told me tonight that when the move to fire DMac was determined, it took half an hour to find the money from three donors. If that's true, it gives me hope. The money IS there. It's just a matter of reaching that point with the people that are footing the bill.  It leaked before the Portland St game that McCarney was gone. So maybe the decision has been made, but it's just a matter of getting the donors on board. 

The money is there, we just don't know if the holdup is Wren, donors, BoR, Neal, etc. 

That is encouraging, but we need action tomorrow. We have to have a new direction to sell to the MWC. We have to be seen as dealing with this mess. The longer Littrell is allowed to stay, the worse it looks for UNT and our prospects in realignment.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Agree, but man if you piss these folks off, you’re losing a ton of funds.   If they’re standing in the way, dangling a $ carrot over Wren…. Man, I don’t envy him at all.  I believe in my heart Wren saw past this problem & found it elsewhere though.  He had to.

The program is worth more than their money. If we lose the program, their money won;t matter anyway. It is time to fire people, regardless of who gets their feeling hurt.

Just now, Side.Show.Joe said:

That is encouraging, but we need action tomorrow. We have to have a new direction to sell to the MWC. We have to be seen as dealing with this mess. The longer Littrell is allowed to stay, the worse it looks for UNT and our prospects in realignment.

Gagree 100%  

8 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Agreed.

Side Show Joe -- but how do you really feel?  I can't tell after your 20+ posts in this thread alone.  Your vote is duly recorded -- fire Seth -- and I'm with you.  But this isn't California and your vote should only count once.  We get it.  😏

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The program is worth more than their money. If we lose the program, their money won;t matter anyway. It is time to fire people, regardless of who gets their feeling hurt.

Ehh yes and no. Remember what happened when Mattress Mac got his panties bunched up?

1 minute ago, vpackrats said:

Side Show Joe -- but how do you really feel?  I can't tell after your 20+ posts in this thread alone.  Your vote is duly recorded -- fire Seth -- and I'm with you.  But this isn't California and your vote should only count once.  We get it.  😏

I won't shut up. People need to do their jobs and start firing. I'll be here until things change. Anyone that gets tired of it is free to give me down votes. It's all good.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

These folks have their names on the side of our shiny new IPF.   It’s gonna be a problem if their toes are stepped on to do the right thing.   Very tough place for Wren to be (that is, if they’re holding this thing up.  I hope they’re not!), but yeah, the right thing needs to be done.

Littrell will land on his feet somewhere and I’ll wish him the best. Hopefully he can regain the fire he once had.  He was in charge for some of the funnest seasons we’ve had since I’ve been watching Mean Green football!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

These folks have their names on the side of our shiny new IPF.   It’s gonna be a problem if their toes are stepped on to do the right thing.   Very tough place for Wren to be (that is, if they’re holding this thing up.  I hope they’re not!), but yeah, the right thing needs to be done.

Littrell will land on his feet somewhere and I’ll wish him the best. Hopefully he can regain the fire he once had.  He was in charge for some of the funnest seasons we’ve had since I’ve been watching Mean Green football!

And they will always have their names on those facilities. I hope they get on board too, because the writing is on the wall, and nothing will change the outcome. Littrell is over at UNT.

• Upvote 3

They can find the money. I don't care if they have to halt building on new projects to get the money. Football is what pays the salaries of all the other sports except Men's basketball. Without the money that football makes, the other sports will lose tons of money which will translate into losses and that is not good for the University as a whole. Ask the city of Denton for the money even if that means allowing Ryan, Guyer, Braswell or Denton High to be able to play at Apogee on Friday nights. I don't care what it takes, SL needs to go now.

Imagine being a recruit at either of our last two home games.  I was thinking about that the most while someone behind me lost their crap for the entire 2nd quarter chanting for Kason Martin.

I can’t ever remember open booing at a UNT game but it happened tonight.  You aren’t supposed to boo your college team.  That’s usually saved for the pros.  It happening tonight shows that the fans are fed up.

• Upvote 1

I just want to say I come in peace. Felt compelled to pop over and see how UNT felt after the game and saw this post. A couple thoughts.

SL looked like he was miserable from the start. Does he always look this way? Like his body language the first drive was reflected across the whole game. Has he quit? 

It felt like all around from quarter one the kids went to business for themselves trying to make plays of any sort on the D to a fault. On O it was like there was no energy. It just kind of snowballed quick.

All around, I just felt bad. For the fans, team and coaches. Been apart of a few teams where the kids were done with us and we were equally done with them. So I was just curious if that is what you all are seeing or if that is the norm under this staff? 

• Upvote 4