Who Is Your Breakout Player This Year?

UNTLifer

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I am going to go with Bryce Zephir.   Didn't start at his juco, goes on growth spurt and ends up signing late at NT.

McCasland saw something, and I am betting he turns out to be something special. 

Agree that Zephyr is the dark horse but I think Tylor will be the biggest contributor this season.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, UNTLifer said:

I am going with the man in the middle, Abou Ousmane.  I thought he gave solid minutes in the Purdue win and the year watching Big Zach will do him wonders.  I also think he and Wright will give Loftin from La Tech fits.

Not to

way to go kids GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

but he's looking good.  Smooth around the basket.  Still has room to grow but love his game.

Don’t know exactly where Ousmane’s ceiling is, but I think there is room in this offense for him to do more.  Can’t explain it, but I feel like he is expected to do more and that ”more” is the missing piece that would make us a great team. Last night I got the feeling that the guys around him are trying to “push him” or “open him up.”

obviously, one can argue depth is a major factor holding us back, too.

He is still young, but he is basically providing us with the same scoring as Big Zach did last year and he is only a sophomore.  Another big banger inside would obviously help him out, but I have really been encourage by his play through the first three games.

JJ Murray does so many things that help this team win.  He has incredible vision on his passes.  His defense is smothering.  Amazingly, he rebounds well.  He can shoot even if he rarely does.  

He is one of those guys that doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but you are glad he is on your team and not your opponents.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:44 AM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Breakout player? Drez will play the full season and be great all season, unlike last year where it was just cusa tournament/ncaa tournament 

He isn’t really a breakout player, but Drez seems to be stepping it up. I really like his physicality compared to most of last year, and the overall confidence. 

• Upvote 1