Friday Unis

Victorygreen04

17 hours ago, greenjoe said:

How else would you expect this week to end ?

On national TV, a team called Mean Green shows up in all black.  

This is where you ever so politely fire the person that made the decision. "It's nothing personal, but you've proven that you are not capable of doing your job."

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

48 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Does anyone have a picture of the Darrell Dickey all black uniforms that everyone keeps bringing up?  A dark chapter for sure but I am interested nonetheless.

Totally Trashtastic - even more garbagy than our current black or gray uniforms.

Fired North Texas Coach in Black Mood

"It's nothing other than kids liking that color"

Per Rogers Cadenhead:

I can't recall a situation where a head coach sprang new uniforms on a Division I college football team to "piss off" his athletic director, as Dickey reportedly acknowledged to players before the game. 

Dickey, who also abandoned his customary attire for all-black clothes and a black cap, told reporters it "wasn't anything other than kids liking that color," drawing the ire of parents who didn't like the stunt being blamed on players. When I saw game photos on Sunday I thought Dickey had declared a period of mourning for his job.

The departing seniors on the team deserved a better sendoff than childish stunts from coaches nursing a grudge, fans deserved better, and a school paying Dickey another half million dollars not to coach deserves better.

I was on the fence about Dickey's firing, but I think he's shown his true colors.

This is why you DON'T fire a coach and then keep him around. This is why key employees are ushered out of the office by security when they are fired. -Tom G

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Still believe this is one of the reasons DD has not been a HC since he departed the Mean Green Black

One of many. Based on his credentials, I am amazed that he was hired here.

Then again, maybe Helwig wasn't the best AD.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1