DRC weekly prediction: Rough week for UNT will end with loss to Marshall

Brett Vito

34 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Dude literally has to make a prediction piece on what he thinks the outcome of the game is... ON TOP of addressing all the BS this program has gone through this week.  Quit riding his jock and telling him how to do his award-winning job at covering UNT. JFC.

Okay, brother. Don’t hurt your back carrying that water.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, All About UNT said:

Am I not allowed to voice an opinion on how much undeserved bashing our beat-writer gets? It is tiring and unwarranted. Just because it is his job doesn't mean that unwarranted feedback from the rear seats needs to be issued on a constant basis. 

Seems to me, he was expressing an opinion, just like you are doing. 

I think you should worry more about LIttrell who is constantly thrashed on this board. 

Obviously, protecting Littrell makes no sense; but neither does getting stirred up when someone is criticizing Vito.  

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Seems to me, he was expressing an opinion, just like you are doing. 

I think you should worry more about LIttrell who is constantly thrashed on this board. 

Obviously, protecting Littrell makes no sense; but neither does getting stirred up when someone is criticizing Vito.  

Well Vito is a public figure in regards to North Texas and this he should have a little thicker skin the most is how I look at the situation.  He does have the right to his opinion as you state but he also must bear the burden of scrutiny from the masses who subscribe to his articles.

Edited by Jonnyeagle
  • Upvote 1

Now that I think about it, between Vito and all the coverage that has emerged the last 2 seasons, this has been fantastic.  I don't expect Vito to be of the same vein as these UNT alumni, and I don't think he should be.  I think there's a place for his neutral, professional tone.

Brune and Fields at 247Sports
Beyond the Green
Firing Boomer
Barbershop Pod
Mean Green Nation
Mean Green Show

• Upvote 3

Seriously, it's been an ugly week for our program, and an ugly season for the most part. We MIGHT win this game, but if I had to put my name behind a prediction, I certainly wouldn't be like "MEAN GREEN WINNING BIG THIS WEEKEND!"

And sure, I give Vito crap sometimes, though in recent years it's turned more to the running joke about his weekly predictions, but I honestly think he's pretty even-handed.

In fact, I'd rather he be seen as more on the "negative" end compared to most beat writers, since there's a large number who just post fluff to increase or maintain their access. But I think if we looked back over the years, he gets accused of being too positive when we're winning and too negative when we're losing, which would really just be a reflection on what the team is doing... you know, basically doing his job by letting people in, particularly those who don't follow as closely as those on this board.

So, yeah, I might still call him Bert from time-to-time, but I really appreciate his continuing coverage, particularly as I get older and become less of a turd (I mean, I'm still a turd, just not as big of one).

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

So, yeah, I might still call him Bert from time-to-time, but I really appreciate his continuing coverage, particularly as I get older and become less of a turd (I mean, I'm still a turd, just not as big of one).

You lost weight? Good for you! If however, you lost height, I suggest you go see your physician

Edited by outoftown
  • Haha 1